UNSOLVED CASE: ANNALIESE CHAPTER 21

November 15, 1988

"Shut up!" the man exclaimed as he hit a young woman again, crying.

The young woman on the floor slowly sits as she cries, she looked up as the man hits her. The man's eyes are full of anger, hate.

"Please, Da--" The young woman's sentence cut off as she felt the strong force of fist hit in her stomach that made her lay on the floor, sideways.

"You don't have the right to talk back, Annaliese!"

"But dad, I'm just saying my sid---" and Annaliese is punched in the stomach again, she winced and endured the pain. Tears streamed down her face, in the moment, she thought it would be her end. It would be the cause of her death. Its been two days she is being abused, insulted, and mocked by the man she called father.

She sobbed as she felt so much pain, begging to stop, wanting it to stop.

"Stop, it's your child. I could call the police officers and report you of women's abuse!" Annaliese' mother exclaimed. Her father looked at her mother, mockingly laugh.

"Call the police. I'm not afraid, she needs to be hit so she can be discipline!"

Annaliese couldn't stop crying, she felt so much pain.

"You won't stop crying?" her father asked but before Annaliese couldn't reply, she is being hit again. "Fucking stop crying!"

It's 7 in the evening and the house is filled with the sound of agonizing cries from Annaliese.

In this family, she couldn't cry and she couldn't speak of her side. She saw her little brother looking at her with so much pity, she smiled between her tears.

The man stopped and leave her, he didn't feel sorry nor felt remorse of what he did. Annaliese pull her strength to stand up as tears flowed out but she couldn't. Her limbs is too weak. Her mother walks towards her, wanting to help her.

Annaliese stop her mother, "I need to rest, mom" she said and winced as she walk, heading to her room. Annaliese took a deep breathe as she positioned herself to sleep when the door hinges squeak.

"Its okay, little dude. You are my little brother and I need to defend you. Its okay that I'm being hit at least, you can buy that toy you want.." Annaliese said with a smile as her little brother walk towards her with a sad expression in his face.

Annaliese knew that her little brother felt sorry for her, that she was being hit by their father.

"I'm going to give you my money so that you can buy it, okay?" Annaliese said, ruffling the hair of her little brother. Her little brother, nodded.

"Are you sure you are okay?" her little brother asked. Annaliese smiled and nodded, "Yeah."

"Okay, goodnight" and her little brother went out of the room and went to his room. It was morning and Annaliese didn't hear any sorry nor her father didn't felt remorse after what he did to her. Annaliese went out, heading to school.

Students with their friends, the environment so felt alive except Annalise, sitting alone in school grass field. Annaliese couldn't erase from her mind of what her father did to her, she is traumatized. She wants to see the person who is always there to comfort her, the person that love her..

"Fred!" Annaliese called out as she saw the blonde guy, with his back on her. Fred didn't seem to hear Annaliese, calling him behind.

"Fred!" she called out again.

She wants to tell her what happened to her, she halted her tracks and tears started to welled up in the corner of her eyes.

A girl suddenly cling to Fred and sat beside him. She saw Fred, holding the girls hand as they happily chat. Annaliese covered her mouth, seeing the sight of them made her heart crush. Her eyes widened as she witnessed Fred, kissing the other girl. Annalise turn around and didn't confront him. It didn't need an explanation, the scene was too evident that Fred had someone else. Annaliese went home, she need time alone.

November 18, 1988

Its been days Annaliese felt she is in hell. It's already 2 am, the thought of being hit by her father and her sweetheart cheated on her. Annaliese grabbed her bag and put all her stuff inside the bag. She pulled out a piece of paper, she grabbed her pen and started to scribble. She silently open her door and went outside of her room, she tiptoed until she reached the main door.

She felt the cold air as she opened the door, she went outside and silently closed the door. The sudden bark made her jump, it was their dog.

"Shhh, Herman Its me. Shh" Annaliese said as she tries to stop their dog from barking. Herman stopped barking and lick her cheek, Annaliese gave him a smile.

"Herman, please take care of them. I love you" and Annaliese kissed her dog and hugged him as if telling him that she would miss her dog. She removed her embrace from Herman and pat his head, Herman whimpers as he watch Annaliese goes. Annaliese halted and looked at the house once more and her eyes landed on her Herman, she smiles and waved.

As she walks, the silent and cold atmosphere gave her shivers. She sat on the waiting bench, waiting for a bus. She glance down and she remember how her father hit her. A sudden light is seen, it was the headlights from the bus. She glance on her side and stood up. The bus stops and she went inside. The subtle music in the bus, she looks at the distance as they go as if she couldn't see it anymore. She closed her eyes, letting the bus take her wherever their destination goes.