UNSOLVED CASE: ANNALIESE CHAPTER 3

DarkPhobus sent a video.

Aspen_cool: what's this for?

DarkPhobus: Who knows, we might use this for future references. It's an interesting video that I saw on Youtube. Just click it.

Triple dots are shown, an indication that Aspen is typing. I didn't wait for her reply and throw my phone on the front seat of the car.

Keys check, door locked check

I hopped into my car after checking that I locked the door. I usually leave it open that it could cause me to hear my parents' complaints, scared that there will be burglars. I start off the engine and drove off. Driving off without music bore me, I turned on the radio and sing along.

"Dance with myself oh oh! Dance with myself oh oh!"

Tall trees are seen coming from the distance, Phobus felt he was in those movies where the main character traveled alone and drive through the silent road that is being surrounded by trees. He took a glance and somehow thinks of the woods that is from the video and the newspaper.

"Probably just a coincidence" he thought. He shakes his thoughts off and focus his eyes on the road.

Alexander shot the guy-a blonde haired one with a smile, a slight smile as he hops off the car.

"Brother, hey!" Fabio, his big brother greeted him with a hug. Alexander hugged him back and removed himself from the embrace and look at Fabio.

"Damn, not to sound gay but you look more handsome now. Way handsome than I am " Fabio commented, with a can of beer in hand.

Alexander scoffed, "Thanks and uh... belated happy birthday"

Fabio smiled, "Anyway, come. we are having a barbeque at the back!"

"Phobus!"

Kids called Alexander out as they run towards him and hug his knees.

Phobus smile, "hey!" and pick a little girl up on his arms, "How are you?"

"I'm fine" and hug him. "I miss you, Phobus"

Some of the kids tugs his shirt, "Okay, okay. I'm coming" and drag him, heading backyard.

Fabio smiled and followed Alexander along with the kids' to the backyard, everyone greeted him. The smell of the barbeque being grilled, the sound of cans and bottle of beer tossed and Africa from Toto is played from the background is what Alexander being greeted on. It's afternoon and every member of the family enjoyed talking with each other, chatting about how their lives went.

"Oh, there he is!" an old man around his mid-60s walks towards Alexander. Alexander looked at him, probably his grandpa.

"Its been a while we've seen you Phobus!"

Alexander only smiled as a reply.

"Got any girlfriend?" the old man asked, giving him a playful look. Alexander laugh and shake his head, amused, "Haven't found her yet"

The old man patted his back, "If you found her, let her visit her and have some steamy time with her on the.."

The old man look around as if checking if someone would hear him. The old man pointed above the house, "See that light there? You can have your steamy time there. Just always wear prote--"

"Danny! My old man!" a man around his 30s interrupted. "Greg!" and Danny, the old man around his mid-60s hugged his son.

"Oh, Phobus. How are you? It's been a while since we've seen you here, having time for the family" Greg asked as he noticed Alexander.

"Busy" Alexander replied. Greg nodded, "I see. Damn, school does take all of your time, huh?"

Alexander nodded, "yeah"

"Anyway, great to see you!" and walked to other family members and chat.

"Oh, my. You're here. I'm so glad to see you" it is Phobus aunt and hugged him, "Why don't you eat the pie that I made?"

"Okay, aunt" Alexander replied with a smile and followed her aunt towards the table.

The night falls and some of the family members went to sleep, some of them went home. Alexander and Fabio sat on their folding chair, staring at the water pool as silence enveloped them.

'So, how's school, Phobus?" Fabio asked, breaking the deafening silence after he drink his can of beer.

"Great" Alexander replied and drink his can of beer, not looking at Fabio.

'How is she?" Alexander suddenly asked. He knew it was not from him, it's from Phobus.

'Oh, she is fine. She is taking care of our firstborn" Alexander felt anger inside him, he clenched his soda after Fabio replied.

"Did she know that you came here?"

Fabio nodded, "She misses you though, you should visit us sometimes" and drank his beer again. Alexander shot him a subtle smile, "I'm busy with school so.."

Alexander stood up and turned his back, heading inside the house.

'Where are you going?' Fabio asked.

"I want to rest. Night" he said as if he isn't interested to talk with his brother.

---

"I've been waiting for you.. for so long"

Alexander slowly opened his eyes and adjust his vision as he heard the voice of a woman. He sits up and wanders his eyes around. He found himself in a room, a small bit-run down room.

"Oh, I've been waiting for you. I miss you"

Alexander turned around, a black-haired woman wearing a floral dress sitting on a bed. He can't determine the facial features of the woman since it's blurry. The woman stood up from the bed and walk towards him.

"How pity" the woman said.

"That girl is using you, how could you not see that?!" the woman continued with its deep voice like a man. A voice of a man that hold so much anger in his heart, "You are just like the others! You should rot in hell!"

Alexander's eyes widened, "W-Who are you?" The woman stood up, "And where am I?"

The woman walks, circling him.

"You don't have to know me, dear. After all... We'll see each other soon." and laugh. A laugh that isn't gentle, a laugh that isn't like a woman but a demon.

Alexander sits up from his bed. He catches his breath as he puts his palm on his face, he is sweating.

Who was that woman?