UNSOLVED CASE: ANNALIESE CHAPTER 4

"Bye, Phobus" a 5-year-old kid said, waving his hand as Alexander shut the trunk of his car.

"Could you stay for a couple of days?" a 4-year-old girl pleaded, wiping her tears. Alexander walked towards them and bend his knees to level his eyes, looking at them. He ruffles their hair, smiling.

"I'm sorry but.. Phobus is busy at school and there is some stuff to uncover," he said, winking.

The 5-year-old kid looked at him, "Uncover?"

Alexander nodded with a smile, "yeah, let's say Phobus is a member of the mystery inc." he said with a whisper.

"So, Shaggy and Scobby are your best friends?" the two kids asked in unison.

"Yeah and keep it a secret, okay?" he replied in a quiet voice. The two kids looked at each other- awed of Phobus. Phobus lies, he stood up as he saw Fabio walked towards him.

"So, you really gonna go?" Fabio asked as he motioned the kids to go back inside. Phobus watched the kids as they went inside, avoiding his brother's gaze.

"yeah, I have a lot of work to do" Fabio looked at him and shot him a subtle smile, "I better get goin---"

"Phobus!", Fabio turned around and saw their aunt walking towards the two brothers. "You'll go back to the city now?"

Alexander nodded, "yeah, aunt. Can't really stay here for long"

"Oh dear..." his aunt said, opening her arms to embrace his nephew, "I'm going to miss you."

Alexander embraced his aunt, " Back then, you are just a kid. Now.." His aunt removed her embraced from Phobus and looked at him, smiling.

"You are such a handsome young man," caressing his cheeks. "Visit us sometimes, okay?"

Alexander nodded and give her aunt another embrace, "I will, aunt"

Fabio and his aunt watched Alexander as he went to his car, hopping in. He looked back at them as he started his engine and drove off, he saw by his mirror that his aunt waved her hand.

I drove back to the city, I played the radio in my car and change some channels. I halted from tuning as I heard a deep voice from a man, my eyes on the road.

"Don't ever be scared of what will about to happen. You'll soon find the reason. You'll soon find it... Just believe"

My brows furrowed as I heard the radio. Weird. I tuned and find another radio channel. My phone suddenly vibrates, I answered, didn't bother who is it.

"Where are you?!" It was Aspen.

"Why? I'm on my way, I just came from my family's get toge--" Aspen cut my sentence off. "Did you know that Nick died yesterday?!"

There was no words that came out of my mouth. I was about to ask her but she ended the call, I pushed my pedal and drove faster.

I went to our club room as Aspen told me to meet her there. As I arrived, I found Aspen staring blankly at the floor.

'Sorry, I was late and.." Aspen didn't respond. "Anyway, wha-what happened?"

"His body was found yesterday on the said woods again just like in the newspaper," Aspen said as tears welled up in the corner of her eyes.

"I called you yesterday but you kept declining it!" she hissed, standing up and stormed out. I stood up to chase her but I remain standing and seat back, I sighed.

"I'm sorry about my... Outburst" Aspen apologetically said. I turned around and looked at her.

"It's fine. I'm also sorry for declining your calls yesterday. I never knew what happened to him" I said, leaning against the hood of my car.

"I was shock of what happened, I just... Cried. I cried and there were no words that came out in my mouth" She said, wiping her tears. Not looking at her, I pulled her for a gentle hug.

She cried and I caressed her back. The next day was the funeral of Flynn, Aspen couldn't bring herself to Flynn's funeral. She couldn't hold her emotion and saw the dead body of her crush.

----

"We should find more clues, there is no time to sulk"

"no need to rush, aspen. Take your ti--"

"I don't want to take my time mourning over something that couldn't bring back to life," she said, heading towards the window and look outside as students talk with their friends on the grassy field.

"Okayy, boss" She scoff at my remark and turned around, "I like that" and walks towards the couch.

"Anyway.." she pulled her phone out of her pocket. "Is it okay if we'll go to the woods you send me earlier?" and hand me the phone with the video that I send earlier, playing.

I smirk, "Sure" and give her the phone back. "Why do you want to go?"

Aspen looked at the video playing on her phone, "Its just.. interesting. I was thinking that the video was not fake"

Same as I am.

"Oh. I'll go to your house then to mee--" Aspen cut my sentence off.

"No, I'll go to your hou--"

"Nope, I'll be--"

"Why you?" I asked.

'Okay, fine. Let's just meet at the red diner and planned it up"

The woman in my nightmare, who was she? I pulled out my phone and type what she said to me on my dream.

This could be crazy but at least, I could somehow or on someway use this for a reference.