UNSOLVED CASE: ANNALIESE CHAPTER 24

Aspen hugged herself as she sits, "Why did they knew about our every move?"

'I don't know. Maybe you had a stalker" I said. She shakes her head, "With this appearance, I would have a stalker? That's unbelievable."

A question pops into my mind, who killed Ann?

Yesterday, I received random phone calls. I thought at first it was a prank and I decided to track their telephone number. I can't reach them when I called, it said that the number that I dialed didn't exist.

I slowly looked at Aspen.

"Phobus.."

"I've been receiving phone calls the other day and.." she paused her sentence, her voice wobbles. Sooner, tears welled up in the corner of her eyes.

'I've been receiving death threats for being close to you.." she slowly looked at me. "I'm scared.."

I slowly wrapped my arms around her, Aspen is confused and scared of the uncertainty. All I could do and swore to myself is to protect Aspen, she has nothing to do with this. It's me. I'm the targeted person.

Aspen averted her gaze, I noticed that I was hugging her for more than 2 minutes.

"I should... get something to drink," Aspen said as she stood up, I looked at her as she went to the door. She halts from walking and turned around.

"Do you need anything? I can get it for you" she said with a smile, I know behind that face... Aspen is scared.

'No, thank you" I said with a slight smile. She nodded and went out.

I sighed and looked at the ceiling. The clues that go around about

Esmeralda De Garcia, the evil witch doctor that swindle and cast an evil curse on people and seemed to be an advocate of a devil, the poem Annaliese wrote, Ann's clue words, and Aspen's theories...

Wait a minute, Aspen is right.

---

"Been receiving a lot of death threats, a nightmare about Annaliese.." a sad expression is placed on Aspen's face. She didn't know what's going on, she even thought that unraveling the case of Annaliese was a mistake. She rests her hand on her cheek as she looked at her soda. Sitting in the quiet cafeteria made her think a lot of things, she grabbed her soda and drank.

She put her soda down on the table, her eyes widened as she saw her. It was Ann, looking at her across the table, smiling. Her face is pale and there was no blood on her dress.

"Ann.." Aspen muttered.

She stood up and went across her table, Aspen put her soda on Ann's table as she slowly sits down, not moving her eyes from Ann.

"Ann.."

"Aspen.."

"Uh.. Ann, uh.." Aspen couldn't find the words to say to Ann.

"The person in front of me.. is dead," Aspen said to herself, looking at the smiling Ann. "Ann is dead.. so, how could she.."

Aspen jolted as she felt the cold hands of Ann, she looked at Ann's hand. It was pale and cold, she looked at Ann.

"Did you saw me?"

"S-Saw where?'

"Don't lie to me, Aspen. You saw me lying with my blood and.. a smile is put on your face, right?"

Aspen's eyes widened at what Ann said, she shakes her head. "W-What? N-No"

Aspen stood up and slowly walk backward as Ann walk towards her, the lights flicker on and off. Aspen wandered her eyes around, no one was in the cafeteria not even the cafeteria clerks.

"You were happy that I'm dead, right?"

Aspen shakes her head, "N-No"

'You are not even feeling sorry for it." Ann said with her voice, emanating sadness. "I guess you didn't consider me as your friend"

'W-What are you talki--" Aspen's sentence cut off.

"You are happy because no one will be taking your Phobus?" Before Aspen could reply, she felt someone suddenly choke her.

"You like Phobus since Nick died.." Ann demonically smiles, looking at her. "Enjoy till it last"