11 - Prince Jimin

It had been a week since you arrived on Vraitis and you spent most of your time in the library or out by the ocean with Yoongi. Every time you were at the shore with him you'd ask vague questions about whether he'd want to become human again, though, being as insightful as he is you were certain he saw through your vagueness and left your questions unanswered.

However, one day you sat at the shore of the water with your feet out so when the tide rose the water would splash against them, while Yoongi stood further away. You were enjoying the quiet atmosphere until you noticed something approaching the island over the horizon. You squinted your eyes in an attempt to make out the figure but Yoongi pulled you away from the ocean before you could get a good look at it.

"What are you---"

"Stay behind me," He said firmly as he stood in front of you.

"Why?" You questioned but he gave no answer in return. Instead, he stayed silent as he guarded you against the figure slowly approaching.

You looked over his shoulder and as the figure got closer you were able to make out what it was. There was a man on a small rowboat, even from afar you were able to make out his tired expression and gaunt features. You recognized the man as Prince Jimin, your sister's fiance.

Realizing who he was, you quickly pushed past Yoongi and rushed towards the boat getting as close as you could while still being able to stand.

"Y/N! Come back!" Yoongi shouted after you and began following you.

Before he reached the water and transformed back into a siren you called out to him,

"Go get help! I'll be fine!" You looked at him sternly and he hesitated momentarily before running towards the palace for help.

The boat finally reached you and you looked up at Jimin and reached up to him, gently grabbing his wrist.

"What happened?" You questioned before biting your lip, assuming the worst.

He stared at you with a dull, exhausted expression,

Before he could speak he fell unconscious. Your eyes widened and you quickly started pulling the boat to shore. Soon after Seokjin and Yoongi along with several guards and healers arrived at the shore and started helping Jimin.

-----

Several hours later you stood outside the room Jimin was resting in, pacing outside the door thinking of all the possible scenarios that happened. You knew that the royal family had been captured already you just hoped they weren't going to be executed or tortured. Judging by Jimin's appearance you figured he'd been at sea for at least a week.

Yoongi sat in a chair nearby, he had fallen asleep since it was so late. Finally, Vivian exited the room with some healers and you turned to her.

"He's awake, but---" She began but before she could finish you went into the room and over towards Jimin's bed.

"Your Highness," You spoke, you weren't sure how to feel, relieved that at least someone escaped or irritated that the person to escape was just Jimin.

"Princess Y/N," He replied, his voice hoarse from dehydration.

The two of you stayed silent, the tension in the air felt thick enough to cut with a knife.

"You don't like me, I get it, but the least you could do is act like you're happy to see me," He said finally. You bit your lip and clenched your fists tightly,

"Why would I be happy? My mother's dead, my kingdom was taken over, my family was captured and my best friend is probably being forced to serve their captors. And you're the only one who got away."

"I'm in the same boat as you are," He replied

"No, you were in a boat, I was on a pirate ship."

"Right..."

"Anyways, I'm not here to have a pleasant conversation with you, I just need you to tell me everything you know about the situation."

"There isn't much I can tell you that you probably don't already know, I was in a rush to get out as soon as possible, it was every man for themself there."

"That's rather selfish, you didn't even try to help anyone?"

"How could I? You can't help anyone before you help yourself. Now, if you're trying to devise a plan to help take care of Worden I'd be happy to help seeing as my people are affected by this as well, but there isn't much I can do as far as physical fighting goes given my current state."

That's when it hit you, you needed to gather more information on Worden and their defenses before you try to fight them. Dragons would be useful but you'd have to make sure it was worth the risk before you tried to tame them.

"Hey Jimin, do you think they'd have any sort of celebration after taking over Sayaria?"

"They seem rather arrogant so my guess would yes, why?"

"Because I just came up with a plan,"

-----

You rushed to find Vivian and informed her of your idea, then she brought you to the king so you could tell him as well. You, along with Vivian, Hoseok, Namjoon, Seokjin, The King, and Queen sat around a meeting table as you described the plan to them.

"That could work, but it'd be extremely dangerous," Hoseok stated.

"As of now I believe it to be our only option, if we can't gather information we have no idea what we're going up against," You replied.

"Yes, but wouldn't you be too recognizable?" Namjoon questioned skeptically.

"No, I'm the last born child and I'm not in the public eye very often. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't know I existed at all." You said.

"And what about Prince Jimin?" The King asked.

"With a mask on I doubt he'd be too recognizable, especially now that he's much thinner than before."

"What do you think Seokjin?" The queen asked as she looked at Seokjin who had been tapping his chin lost in thought the whole time.

"It could work," He started, "Let's do it."

♡◇♡◇♡

Hi again!

I know this chapter is super short but it's been so long since the last update and I'm really sorry about that, I just wanted to get a chapter posted. I've been feeling really sick for a while and on top of that I've been really busy. But thanks for reading!

I appreciate the support and I hope you guys are excited for the next chapter!