29 - Seafoam

It wasn't blood that hit your face like you had anticipated, it was more like water. Taehyung was confused at your cries of pain as he held you. You heard another swing of a sword and someone hit the ground. Then you heard someone crash into a wall, you felt the impact in your arm as if you yourself had hit the wall. But you were still standing, with Taehyung supporting you. You heard something clatter on to the floor and were able to make out what looked like a bloody kitchen knife.

Taehyung turned, his back was uninjured and the guard who had swung at you was lying on the floor, he must've been killed. Then you saw Yoongi who was barely holding himself up against the wall. It looked as if the ocean was spilling out of his body at his wound.

He looked over his shoulder at you and Taehyung and smiled, "I got here just in time."

He nearly collapsed but you ran to him, brushing past Taehyung, barely making it in time to catch him and slowly lower him onto the ground.

"You didn't get hurt, right, Leggy?" His voice was weak and you scrambled to try and apply pressure to his wound, but it was too large for your hands to be effective.

"I-I'm fine, but why would you do that!?" You choked out the words trying to hide the pain you felt, not just physically.

"I didn't want you to get hurt because of me," he replied, still smiling.

Your hands were soaked in seafoam as tears threatened to fall from your eyes. You quickly turned to Taehyung,

"Taehyung help me!" You begged, he stood still, the wound was too large for the two of you to be able to do anything. Neither of you had medical supplies, and no one would help you in the castle. You saw the solemn expression on his face and you turned back to Yoongi, who was still smiling, "You're gonna be fine, I promise we'll get you out of here and bring you back to camp, they'll help you there."

He chuckled, "Don't make promises you can't keep, Leggy."

You ignored him, "Taehyung help me carry him."

"Y/N," Yoongi said, his tone changing to be much more serious, "You should go, I'm content now that I've lived my life with you."

"I won't leave you to die!" You wailed, snapping back to Taehyung, "Taehyung, please! Do something!"

"I'm sorry," He murmured.

"Stop!" You yelled, squeezing your eyes shut, "It's not fair! I didn't get to live my life with you, Yoongi!"

You opened your eyes, your vision was blurry as you looked at Yoongi. He couldn't comfort you anymore, all he could offer was the same stupid smile. You sobbed bringing him close to you and gripping on to him as if it would make him stay longer. You didn't know what else to do, until finally, all that was left was seafoam slipping out of the palms of your hands. You stared at it like it was mocking you as if to say it was your fault he had slipped out of your reach. You leaned over bringing your hands to your chest as you wailed. Gripping your wrist where the scar of his name was still engraved in your skin.

Taehyung let you mourn for a moment before approaching you, placing a hand on your shoulder.

"Y/N..." He began, "I know it's not a good time... but we need to leave..."

You nodded, but no matter how hard you tried you couldn't pick yourself up off the ground. Taehyung brought you closer, sliding an arm underneath your legs to pick you up. He carried you bridal style out of the castle. You felt numb, you had lost several people since Philomena took over, but never had you witnessed someone's death with your own two eyes. And not only that, you could feel everything.

You bit your lip and buried your face into Taehyung's chest to prevent yourself from sobbing and giving yourself away as he ran through the castle. You couldn't remember much of the trip back, all you could remember was Yoongi's smile as he died in your arms.