33 - Celebration

As you stood atop the balcony from the castle your people that stood before you cheered. Hats were thrown and handkerchiefs were waved. You had never been held with such high regard before, no one ever cheered or clapped upon your entrance. Leon and Claudia stood at either side of you, each of them holding on to one of your arms.

  "They're really cheering for me?" You asked.

  "Of course they are, you saved them." Claudia said.

  You stared in awe at the people, your people as they continued cheering for you. However, even their applause wasn't enough to make you feel any less empty.

  It had been a month since you woke up. Leon caught you up to speed on foreign affairs. He told you that Hoseok was crowned, and Vraitis had been restored. Vivian, Namjoon, and Seokjin were named his advisors and since then Vraitis has flourished.

  Dririth was still in disarray, Jimin was having issues with keeping things civil as many of the people from Worden traveled to Dririth after Jungkook set fire to it, but other than that things weren't so bad. The damages done to Ekurus and Worden were too much to consider reparations, so they were left as sort of museums, to honor those that passed and such.

  Jungkook has been at sea since everything ended, according to Taehyung, he was looking for something and wouldn't come back until he found it. The only way they know he isn't dead is because he would send a letter to Namjoon each month letting him know how he was.

  There was no sign of Yoongi, even though you saw him die you still hoped he would just appear at your doorstep one day. You missed him deeply and you wanted to thank him for everything he'd done for you.

  There was also no sign of Philomena, she could be dead at the bottom of the sea but there was no way to confirm it.

  Today, however, was meant for celebrations. Leon invited the others to join, but he didn't give them the exact reason for celebration, he said he wanted to keep your awakening a surprise for them as it hadn't yet been announced outside of Sayaria. You decided to go along with it, even though you didn't see much reason to.

  Later that evening there was going to be a ball for royalty and nobility to celebrate. As well as for Sayaria to give thanks to the help we received from everyone.

  You were in your room, dressing yourself for the ball, Leon offered to hire you a new servant, but Marie was irreplaceable, so you refused, opting to take care of yourself from now on. However, you hadn't realized just how hard it was to put on the dresses you had.

  You picked out a sage green dress, with a simple grey floral pattern. There were a few layers of tulle on the skirt and the top had a straight knocking and short, off the shoulder sleeves that were sheer. You managed to put the dress on yourself and even got the buttons on the back of the dress. You finished off your outfit with a pair of silver gloves that reached the middle of your forearm to match the grey detailing on the dress along with silver heels. You decided to leave your hair down, and just brush it out and put a silver tiara on.

  As you finished up your makeup there was a knock on the door.

  "Come in," you said as you continued to apply the rouge to your lips while looking in the mirror. The door opened and Taehyung stepped into the room. He was wearing a dark green suit and his hair was pushed back, it was the nicest you had ever seen him dressed, you had to take a moment to pause before turning back to yourself to finish your makeup.

  "Leon asked me to escort you to the ballroom." He said as he stood awkwardly by the door.

  "Alright, just a second." You finished up your makeup and quickly made sure your hair looked good before getting up from the chair and making your way to Taehyung.