2 - Taken

You reached the beach, your heart beating loudly from excitement and sprinting. You started thinking that you should start being active more before calling out,

Hello?" You looked around, feeling disappointed that you missed him, "I know that you're here, I saw you from the castle."

You glanced around then blew out the candle and set it down on the sand, you took off your slippers and set them next to the candle, and started walking towards the water as you slightly lifted your nightgown to keep it from getting wet. You carefully headed towards the rock you saw the siren on earlier.

"Hello?" You repeated. Suddenly, the siren popped out of the water and onto the rock. Startled, you fell back splashing into the shallow water getting soaked in the process. You heard the siren laughing at your reaction so you sat up and glared at him.

"That was too good," He said as he sighed and wiped tears from his eyes.

"What was that for!? I was trying to keep my clothes from getting wet!" You shouted, ringing water out of your hair, "Ugh! I just took a bath too!"

"That was the point." The siren chuckled. You grumbled, moving on from your drenched clothes.

"So, sirens do exist!" You said excitedly, crawling towards the rock the siren sat on.

"Uhm, duh. How else do you think you're still alive?" He asked rhetorically. You tilted your head to the side and furrowed your brows in confusion.

"What are you talking about?"

"You don't remember?" He scoffed, "I'm insulted, I remember you."

"You know me?"

"Well, I don't know you, I just remember your face."

"How?"

"I saved your life, stupid. When you fell in the ocean as a kid, ring any bells?" You processed what he said, searching your memories, then gasped realizing that he was the man who saved you all those years ago.

"That was you!? But you look like you haven't aged at all!" You said moving closer to him curiously.

"Well yeah, sirens don't age."

"Wow," You leaned against the rock, moving your face closer to him, causing him to move back awkwardly, "Thank you,"

"Uhm, for?"

"Well, firstly, for saving me, and secondly, for making my dreams come true." You stared at him dreamily.

"Huh?"

"I've read about siren in fantasy novels, I've always wanted them to be real, but I never thought that it was possible."

"Well, we've been saving humans for centuries, it's kind of our job."

"'We!?' There's more of you!?"

"Uhm, yeah, it'd be hard as fuck to try to rescue all of you idiots alone" You gasped both at him cursing and insulting you.

"That was mean..." You frowned, expecting sirens to be much kinder.

"Sorry, Leggy, but it's the truth."

"Well, I don't think all humans are idiots."

"Then why were sirens created?" You stayed silent for a moment,

"Good point..."

"See?" He stated, "Anyways, shouldn't you be in your castle, Leggy?"

"Why are you calling me 'Leggy?'"

"Because you have legs dumbass."

"You're so mean."

"You try spending a lifetime underwater saving people for a living," He paused, "I can't even have sex, it's so boring."