16 - Brothers

The boat was eerily quiet. You and Seokjin didn't talk much. What could you even talk about? The weather?

You weren't as close with him like you were with Yoongi and Jungkook. But could you even say you were close with either of them?

The more you thought about it you realized that you knew almost nothing about any of the people you considered friends. Yoongi's a siren, Namjoon is a pirate captain and seems to be close with Hoseok, Hoseok is the prince of Vraitis, Jimin is your future brother in law and the prince of Dririth, Jungkook is Seokjin's younger brother and was charmed by a siren, and Seokjin is a sorcerer of some kind. That's all you really knew.

How could you call them friends when you knew next to nothing about them. And if you couldn't call them friends did that mean you simply didn't have any friends?

Suddenly you felt really lonely as you lay on your pillow and blanket. You looked to your side where Seokjin was asleep in the other corner of the room.

Seeing that he was asleep, you got up and headed towards the door that led to the deck. As you turned the handle and creaked the door open you noticed Seokjin stir. You carefully opened the door further and gently closed it behind you.

The boat was anchored out in the ocean. You had no idea where but you were far from Vraitis at this point.

Luckily, the sky was clear, allowing you to stargaze as you leaned against the railing of the boat. You made out several constellations, staring in awe at the beautiful galaxy overhead.

As you watched the stars you heard something in the water below. At first, you thought it was simply the water hitting the boat, but when you decided to look down you barely made out a figure in the water.

They a human-like upper body and a tail. The first thought that came to mind was Yoongi, but he was still at the camp, and even if he had gotten better there was no way he would've been able to catch up so quickly.

You leaned over the edge of the railing to get a closer look but the figure was gone. You leaned further and saw the figure swimming back up to the surface.

Before you had a chance to react the creature leaped out of the water, hissing, as it grabbed you and pulled you into the ocean.

"Yoon ---" you screamed as you were dragged into the water.

You don't know why you called for him, you figured it was because he was on your mind moments earlier and because he had come to your rescue many times prior.

But this time he wouldn't come to you.

The siren that attacked you looked disfigured, their skin was cold and gray, they had no hair, their ears were replaced by pectoral fins, their nose was gone and only two nostril slits remained in the center of their face, their eyes were bright yellow and they had claws instead of fingers.

It clawed at your skin as you struggled, trying to remember what Jungkook had taught you to defend yourself. Water began filling up your lungs, burning your nose while you attempted to fight back. You felt helped as this creature dragged you further and further down into the ocean, its sharp, shark-like, teeth showing as it hissed at you.

You closed your eyes, expecting these to be your last moments.

You heard a splash in the water and your attacker had fled shortly after. You felt the warmth of someone's strong arms as they pulled you into an embrace. You reached the surface and started coughing as you tried to get the water out of your lungs.

You finally opened your eyes to see Seokjin.

"Are you alright?" he questioned as he held you close.

You nodded.