24 - Home

You turned and saw Jungkook standing in the doorway. He leaned against the doorframe with his arms crossed. He had a playful smirk that that faded when he saw the bandages all over you.

"What the hell did they do to you?" He questioned as he approached you.

"I don't really remember..." you replied.

Before Jungkook could say anything you heard someone rush up the stairs to you.

"Y/N!?" Taehyung called as he reached the door to your room.

"Back up, asshole," Jungkook said as he held his sword up towards Taehyung, staying in between you two.

Let her go," Taehyung glared at Jungkook, the fire reflecting in his dark eyes making his gaze more intense.

"I don't think so, last time I checked she belongs with us," Jungkook replied smugly.

Before Taehyung could get another word in Jungkook leaped from the window with you. You glanced back at the house as you and Jungkook ran, part of you hoped Taehyung would get out of the fire. Jungkook had led you through the gates that were now open while the guards were distracted by the fire.

"How did you find me?" you questioned as you ran.

"Seokjin and Yoongi can be pretty useful sometimes," he replied, "Let's get out of here before I get caught,"

"The fire was you?"

"My mother always told me to treat others the way they want to be treated," he stated.

A horse waited for you outside the castle walls. Jungkook quickly helped you on to the second horse and got on after. The three of you rode to the outskirts of Worden as the fire engulfed the kingdom.

You reached the docks where people were crowded together getting on boats to get away from the fire. Jungkook a had cloak and he pulled up his hood. Then you got off your horse and hid amongst the crowd of townspeople. You kept your head down to avoid being spotted.

You felt Jungkook wrap his arm over your shoulders and pull you closer. You glanced at him and he stared straight ahead seriously as you walked with the crowd. You got onto the boat without anyone noticing and stayed in the crowd with Jungkook as it left the docks.

You were on the lower deck together and heard people whispering in confusion about the events that occurred. More specifically, they were whispering about you. You heard them talking about how it must've been your fault that their homes were destroyed.

You tried your best to ignore what they were saying but it was starting to get to you. Eventually, the boat docked and the two of you split off from the crowd as everyone exited the boat, quickly making your way back to the campsite. You walked through the entrance of the camp which was more guarded than before and the two of you headed to Hoseok's tent.

You almost fell to the floor in relief when you entered. Leon sat on the ground with Jimin while Hoseok and Seokjin sat off to the side. Leon looked from Jimin over to the entrance of the tent and you saw his face lit up.

Taehyung was telling the truth?

You quickly went to them, crashing into Leon with your arms wide open to embrace him. Leon hugged you tightly while you cried as happiness flooded over you. It was the first time you had seen them in months and you were incredibly overwhelmed with joy. You felt like a kid again as they held you and comforted you while you cried.

"Ahem..." you looked up and saw Seokjin glaring at you impatiently.

"Way to ruin the moment," Jimin said.