22 - Surrender

You carefully left Thomas's home at the crack of dawn. You had to make sure he wouldn't be harmed for allowing you to stay there. Your surrender needed to look realistic. You were nervous to go through with your plan but you remembered all of the training you went through with Jungkook and your brother.

Everyone back at Vraitis would be furious with you but you'd rather that than let them continue to risk themselves by protecting you.

You got onto the castle grounds through a hole in the rose garden bushes that you and Leon created when you were children to sneak out of the castle. You were going in short-handed, all you had was a sword and a dagger, you didn't even have any armor, but you were betting on Philomena's familial relationship to you to keep you from being killed on site.

Surprisingly there weren't many guards in the gardens so you were able to sneak past them. You entered the castle through a castle window in an old abandoned library on the first floor. You walked into a hallway and passed a family portrait hung on the wall. You paused and looked up at it. Everyone's faces had been slashed by a sword from the portrait aside from Philomena's. But you were there for too long.

"There!" you heard someone shout from behind you, "Intruder!"

You whipped around and saw Worden soldiers charging at you. You pulled your sword out, preparing to fight. There were only three of them, it would be difficult for you to pull this off as you only ever fought someone one on one but you didn't back down.

One of the soldiers swung a sword at you and parried his attack by holding your sword up horizontally. You noticed another soldier coming at you from the side and quickly pushed up your sword to catch the first soldier off guard and turned to roundhouse kick the second one in the chest. The third soldier lunged at you from behind and took you to the ground but you bucked him off with your hips before he could do anything else and jumped up from the ground.

You swung your sword at the first soldier, slashing him across the chest then pushed him into the second soldier knocking him to the ground. Then you swept the legs of the third soldier while he was still regaining his balance and stabbed him in the chest while he was on the ground. You turned to the second soldier but he had run away to get back up before you could do anything.

You cursed and continued making your way through the castle, forgoing stealth and instead of sprinting through the halls. You were impressed at yourself for taking on the three guards but the next wave came in.

This time there were at least ten soldiers. You knew you wouldn't be able to fend them off but you had anticipated this from the beginning. You fought as best you could, managing to knock at least two guards unconscious.

When you were preoccupied with one of the soldiers another one got the jump on you and caught you off guard. You felt something whack the back of your head and you felt something wet drip down your neck.

Thud.

Your legs were swept out from beneath you and you hit your head on the ground. Your vision blurred until you finally blacked out.

♡◇♡◇♡

As you regained consciousness you could see Philomena eating a grand meal at the head of the table where your father usually sat for dinner. You went to get up from the chair you sat in when you realized your wrists and ankles were tied to the arms and legs of the chair where your mother sat for meals.

Philomena noticed your struggle and chuckled darkly. Your jaw clenched as you glared at her.

"It's good to see you again, sister," she said with a twisted smile on her face as she continued eating.