28 - Danger

Your bare feet tapped on the ground as you wandered through the halls of your old home. Though, it felt less like your home, seeing the number of guards surrounding the halls and instead of being protected by them, you had to hide from them. You didn't recognize any of them, and you remembered nearly all of the staff that worked under your family. You assumed Philomena had replaced them with Worden guards and hoped that was the extent of what she had done to them.

You decided to forgo your boots, leaving them outside of the gardens for when you came back.

You were restless after your conversation with Namjoon. You knew Yoongi was in trouble, there was no doubt about it.

As you raced through the castle you felt someone grab you by your wrist and pull you into an unlit corridor, covering your mouth to keep you quiet with their hand around your waist to keep you from running away. Screaming would do you no good, so you quietly twisted around to try and get the person to let go of you.

"Calm down, Princess," you immediately recognized his voice, you couldn't decide whether or not to keep struggling or if you should do as he said, "Please, relax, I need you to trust me."

Despite your hesitancies, you let your guard down. Even if just for a moment, you wanted to feel as though you could trust him again. You wanted to believe that he had his reasons for doing what he did, after he save Leon and Claudia, there had to be an explanation. He lowered his hand from your mouth and loosened his grip from around your waist.

"Thank you," he muttered from behind you.

You turned and there he was. Taehyung was covered head to toe in bruises, it looked as if he had been run over by a horse.

"What happened to you?" You couldn't hide your concern as you looked him up and down.

"I'll explain later. They're looking for me now, and you shouldn't be here, it's too dangerous." He replied.

"What did she do to you?" You pushed the subject further, trying to get an answer out of him.

"Y/N, I'm fine don't worry so much, you need to get out of here."

He gently took hold of your wrist and started leading you out of the castle.

"Wait," you pulled your hand out of his grasp causing him to turn to you, "I have to find someone, I know he's here."

"Like I said, it's not safe for you to be here, or me for that matter, if we get caught they'll kill us."

"Taehyung, please," you begged, you didn't know why you wanted his approval, you still didn't trust him, "I don't think I could live with myself knowing that I had the chance to save him but I decided to run away instead."

"I won't let you risk your life for one person."

"He's not just a person." You held your ground, glaring at Taehyung.

He paused before sighing, "I'll help you but the second I think it's too dangerous we're leaving."

You agreed, and Taehyung began leading you to places you'd never been before. He took you through hidden corridors, and secret passageways, to stay out of sight from the guards.

You felt yourself getting too comfortable around him. He was still your friend even after everything but he still couldn't be fully trusted, he was playing both sides and you had no idea what his end goal was. Even still, the fact that he held your hand as he lead you through the castle and you were walking around barefoot reminded you of times the two would you would sneak around to get a late night snack together as kids.