Jimin Ending - A Real Proposal

You saw him, Claudia by his side. They were silent, their expressions blank. They both stared at you, and you felt the guilt squeeze your stomach. You wanted to vomit.

  How could you do this, to your own sister of all people? You felt awful, but your heart lied with him. And you knew he felt the same. Even if they did get married they wouldn't be happy. And you didn't think you could survive loving Jimin from afar in order to not hurt your sister. But she would be hurt no matter the outcome. Jimin didn't care for her the way she did.

  The music stopped and Leon started walking you over to Jimin and Claudia. Every step you took felt like you were wading through two feet of mud. After what felt like years, you were but a few feet away from Jimin and Claudia. The four of you remained silent.

  Nothing needed to be said.

  "It's okay to be selfish, Y/N." Claudia finally spoke up. "We wouldn't have been happy together anyways. Come on, Leon, they have to talk to each other."

  She smiled reassuringly at you as she and Leon left you and Jimin in silence.

  The guilt and shame washed over you and you stared at your feet. The silence between you and Jimin was deafening. But as you looked at him the guilt and shame disappeared. You couldn't deny your feelings for him, no matter how much it hurt you or someone else. You had to be honest with yourself.

  "Jimin, I-"

  "Do you want to take a walk?" He interrupted.

  You were slightly relieved at the offer. You nodded and the two of you left the ballroom side by side. You wandered the halls in silence. The two of you didn't dare to look at the other. Not even a glance was stolen as you walked. All you could hear was the sound of your shoes hitting the ground.

  The two of you ended up on a balcony. Your hands were folded in front of you as you watched the stars. Jimin had his arms crossed over his chest and his expression was stoic, you couldn't read him no matter how hard you tried.

  "I called off the engagement." He mumbled.

  "I know." You replied.

  "It's not your fault."

  "I know."

  He finally turned his whole body to you. You turned your head to look back at him, though you wish you hadn't. The longing way he looked at you was dangerous. Despite Claudia's reassurance you didn't want to give in to the greed. But you couldn't help yourself. Even if he was supposed to belong to your sister you wanted to be selfish and take him for yourself.

  So you did.

  You turned your body towards him and wrapped your arms around his neck kissing him roughly. He reciprocated immediately and tangled one of his hands in your hair while the other rested on your upper back. The pit in your stomach was telling you to stop but you ignored it. You deepened the kiss and pulled him as close as you could. It didn't matter if you were being selfish anymore, and he didn't care either.

  The kiss wasn't long enough.

  You finally pulled away in unison to catch your breath. The two of you stared at each other briefly before locking lips again. You couldn't help yourself, though you barely knew each other, your feelings were undeniable.

  You pulled away yet again, you rested your forehead against his, catching your breath once more.

  "I think I'm in love with you,"

  "I think I am too."

  "I just feel bad-"

  "She's okay with it."

  "I know-"

  "We can be selfish together."

  "What if they judge us."

  "Who cares?"

  "I do, it'll ruin our reputations."

  "We'll get used to it."

  "Are you sure?"

  "Knowing that you'll be with me, I'm positive."

◇♡◇♡◇

  Time went on.

  You denied Leon's offer. You didn't give him an explanation, but you didn't really need to. He knew exactly why you refused the throne. Leon took the throne; Claudia wasn't big on politics, so he was the only option. He would've preferred being head of the guards like he initially planned, but he grew to be well-loved and respected.

  Jimin was crowned when he returned to Dririth shortly after the war ended. You stayed at Sayaria to help Claudia and Leon fix the damage Philomena and Worden had done. During the time you and Jimin were apart all you could do was think about how much you missed him. But that yearning was brief when you left for Dririth and the two of you got married.

  Claudia was the maid of honor at your wedding, she reassured you that she wasn't hurt by your decision to be with Jimin. In fact, she preferred it that way, as she was saved from a one-sided marriage.

  Dririth remained in good standing with Vraitis. You would see Hoseok sometimes during political gatherings, and you were still close friends. However, you saw Seokjin and Namjoon less and less. It wasn't because of any issues you had with them; they just became too busy to visit themselves.

   Taehyung was eventually tried in court, because of public demand, but Leon offered him a full pardon for what happened during the war. Many people were outraged, as he was a prominent figure in Worden before the war ended, it didn't last long though. He was given a position as part of Leon's council and did very well in it. Because of this, however, you saw less of him. He would always be your first friend but not so much your closest anymore. Unlike Leon, you found it hard to forgive him after everything that happened.

  Jungkook continued sailing as a pirate. He rebuilt the crew Namjoon once had and became a formidable captain. He visited often, stopping by to check on you and Jimin every once in a while. He remained on the hunt for something. He wouldn't tell you what it was still, but he wasn't quite as obsessed with finding this thing as he was before.

  As for Yoongi, you still missed him. Jimin would sometimes be upset at how much you missed him, but he was still there for you. Sometimes, you thought you could see Yoongi among the crowds of people when you and Jimin would make a public appearance, watching over you like always.

  There was still no sign of Philomena. Part of you wished she was still alive. You hated feeling guilty for being the cause of her death. But, as much as you wished you could mend your relationship with her, she was unsavable.