Taehyung Ending - Forgiveness

He stared at you from across the ballroom. You returned his gaze, and when you made eye contact, he turned away, making his way out of the ballroom.

  "Go after him," Leon said.

  "I know how this works, I read romance novels all the time." You replied.

  "Never mind, don't go after him. Clearly, you're not ready for this if you're taking advice from books."

  You rolled your eyes as the song ended. You took the opportunity to leave the ballroom and follow Taehyung. But once you had left the room, he was nowhere to be found. You combed through the castle, looking for him, until you finally decided to head to the gardens.

  You were beginning to lose hope. You searched for him everywhere, but you couldn't find him. You looked through all of his favorite places. Maybe you really didn't know him as well as you thought. 

  You rounded a corner where tall rose bushes surrounded a fountain. You saw Taehyung standing at the fountain, staring at something in his hand like before after you woke up. The moonlight beamed from overhead, reflecting off of the water and lighting Taehyung's solemn expression.

  "Taehyung?" You called.

  He quickly stuffed the item in his hand into his pocket before he turned to you.

  "What are you doing out here? You should be celebrating." 

  "So should you, why did you leave?"

  "I just..." He paused. When he didn't continue, you gathered the courage to say what has been on your mind since you danced with him.

  "I trust you, Taehyung, with my life."

  "What?"

  "Every bone in my body trusts you, you are my family, and no matter what you've done in the past I will forgive you so long as you fix it, and you did just that."

  "Y/N..." His expression faltered as tears welled up in his eyes. He dropped his hands to his side and shuffled towards you before he rested his head on your shoulder to hide his face.

  You gently rested your hands on the back of his neck as he wrapped his arms around your waist. 

  You can't remember exactly how long you stayed like that. You just remember watching the moon as Taehyung silently cried on your shoulder. You had never seen him cry before. In all the years you've known him, he had not once shed a tear in your presence. He was always your shoulder to cry on, and now, you were his.

  Eventually, he pulled away from you and looked directly into your eyes. He placed his hands on either side of your face, gently caressing your cheek with his thumb. His brows were furrowed as if he was still sad, but he smiled at you.

  You waited for a moment, the anticipation killing you, until you finally decided to make the first move. You slid your hands to the collar of his dress shirt and pulled him close to you, kissing him deeply. You could tell he was surprised by your forwardness, but only a second had passed before he returned the kiss. 

  For years, you thought that the way you felt about Taehyung was simply platonic. But it wasn't. It was so much more. The beat your heart skipped and the flutter in your stomach when he called you 'princess' could no longer be brushed off. You were in love with him, and judging by the way he kissed you, he felt the same way.

  You pulled away from the kiss but stayed close to him. Taehyung moved his hands from your face to your waist to keep you close, though you had no plans of creating more space between you. You let go of his collar to place your hands over his chest.