Yoongi Ending - Restored

There he stood. Atop the balcony above the ballroom. You couldn't believe your eyes as he leaned against the railing, watching you, smiling. It was the same stupid smile he had when you watched him die. But how was he here?

  "Told you," Leon teased.

  You glanced at him, then turned back to the balcony only to see that he was gone. The music stopped, and the sound of clapping became muffled as you felt your heart being crushed. He was wearing a suit. It looked like it might've been one of Leon's. You barely noticed Leon leaving the dance floor. All you could focus on was Yoongi. Had you just imagined it? But Leon saw him too. He had to be there. You felt your breath get caught in your chest as you feared the worst. Was the world really cruel enough to show you him only to take him away just a second later?

  "Leggy," a voice called from behind you.

  You finally broke. You were afraid to turn around. What if he slipped out of your grasp? What if he turned into seafoam before your eyes yet again? You forced the sobs down that threatened to escape your lips and refused to let yourself cry in front of so many people.

  Finally, you turned.

  And there he was.

  You couldn't hold back the tears that fell from your eyes anymore. You had so many questions that needed answers. But you could wait. You just wanted to make sure he was really there. So you stepped towards him, hesitating before gently placing your hand on his chest.

  "It's really you...?" you whispered, "You're alive...?"

  He gently placed his hand over yours, moving it from his chest so he could hold it. His hand wrapped around your fingers, and he brought your hand up to his lips. He held your gaze as he gently kissed the back of your hand.

  "Is that proof enough for you?" His lips brushed against your hand as he slowly lowered it.

  "But I..."

  "Watched me die? I know."

  "So then... how...?"

  "Why do you think you and everyone else, didn't forget about me after I 'died?'"

  The music started again, and people made their way back out onto the floor. Yoongi placed his hand on your waist, pulling you impossibly close as he held your right hand with his left. The black suit he wore suited him. It was plain, for the most part, with a silver trim at the hems of the jacket.

  "Wait, we should keep discussing this, I don't quite understand." You said.

  "You're going to dance with every other man except for me?" He began.

  "Well, I just-"

  "Humor me, would you? I just want to hold you again."

  You didn't reply. You just gave in. You danced together, it was awkward and clumsy, probably because Yoongi doesn't have any experience with dancing. But you couldn't stop staring at him. You felt that if you blinked, he would disappear. Neither of you had to say a word to be able to
communicate how you felt. It was all there in the way you held and looked at each other.

  How could you not love him? He saved you so many times. He literally died for you. But you were still incredibly confused.

  "Yoongi..." You spoke.

  "I'll explain later, I promise." He started, "Right now, I just want to be with you."

  You finally decided to give up on the topic. There was no point in trying to discuss it with him now. Besides, you missed him too.