✰TaLk To Me, ShEhNaAz✰

Sid

As soon as loud music blasted into my eardrums, I stirred and reflexively my arm was going to huddle Sana closer until I realised she wasn't quite beside me.

My brows furrowed in irate perplexity as I looked around, we usually woke up together, aaj kya khaas...

I rolled over until I saw her on Rashami's bed, sleeping like a baby. Huh. Of course. New friends now.

Rashami who was sitting up in her bed in a ridiculous pink pair of pyjamas

noticed my piercing stare and I diverted it, quickly pulling the duvet off my body and throwing it onto the bed.

My eyes focused on the living room where Arti was making breakfast and Paras was huddled with Mahira on the couch, morning cuddles it looks like.

I focused my attention on the glass and adjusted my hair when I felt someone shift near me. Shehnaz was waking up and she reached for her black microphone sash.

I thought she must be looking at me so I very casually attempted to elongate my time in the bedroom, mussing up my hair and looking for my toothbrush. If she was going to try to talk to me, I won't be hostile or anything.

It's been four days and she obviously can't stay without me.

Right?

I guess I was wrong though because she immediately skipped off with Rashami and was dancing to the music with the housemates.

Accha. Sahi hai.

I didn't like what Shehnaaz Kaur Gill did to me. She irritated me, she confused me, she managed to hurt me just by a mere gesture from her side.

I didn't understand the deal with this girl and neither did I want to.

Was she innocent as I thought she was or was there something else behind the façade?

That's what I'd been thinking.

I spent the last few days decoding Shehnaaz. I observed her every single movement and gesture as discretely as possible, even at times she didn't realise I was.

I was disappointed that my judgement had been wrong. There was no duplicity in anything she did. I only saw genuineness in each word she spoke. Maybe, I was wrong.

I sat by the dining table after I'd brushed my teeth, watching Sana giggling with Vishal. She seemed broken a few days back which was a symptom that me not being with her affected her.

She would come to me and try to get me to talk to her and then I can vent all my feelings out. But now she was so indifferent as if I was invisible.

There was no sign of yearning in her eyes, neither did she even attempt to try and cajole me into talking. Was that all I meant? When Shehnaaz shifts teams, it's her game strategy and she can do whatever the heck she wants to but it hurt. It hurt more than I'd like to admit to myself. And when I give her the cold shoulder in return, it satisfied me that she was hurting as well.

Was.

Not anymore.

I gritted my teeth, watching her go back to the bedroom.

Now she was wearing a ridiculous blue spaghetti dress whose straps kept sliding off her shoulders.

I wasn't the only one noticing that. I'd seen Vishal's gaze lower twice and Sana was oblivious as always.

This was irritating to watch so I got up to make myself and Mahira a cup of tea.

I stood before the stove and Rashami stalked past me.