✰CaPtAiN AgAin ✰

Sana

The plastic knife plunged smoothly into the layers of the red velvet creme cake that Shehbaz had got for me. It just touched me so much that he'd gone the extra mile to get me exactly the type I wanted. I pulled him into another hug and Shehbaz chuckled. 

"Kab tak yaha rahoge? Tusīṁ kinna cira ithē rahōge?" I whispered hesitantly.

"Kujha dina, Bigg boss ne nahi bathaya kuch," Shehbaz replied, planting a kiss on my forehead.

I pulled back and giggled, holding his hands in mine. Now everything will be okay. Just seeing one familiar face, an undisputed wellwisher helped me find my footing. I didn't feel quite so gloomy anymore also owing to the fact that I noticed Sidharth disinterested when people were singing my birthday song. Eventually, he even left. 

I had spun around after Asim attacked me with frosting, looking for Sid, hoping to feed him a slice of cake and let bygones be bygones when I noticed that he wasn't even there. Even Paras and Mahira were all smiles wishing me and my only friend in this house had disappeared on me.

As it is, Sidharth is a star and I wasn't much of a known face, being friends with 'dumb' people like me will probably spoil his image outside. And I don't want that. 

Mahira and Shefali were walking towards the garden where I'm sure Paras and Sid were already sitting, judging by the loud laughter, so I entrusted her with a large slice of the cake for Sidharth since he'd missed out on the serving. Besides, judging by the pace with which Vishal and Asim were devouring their slices, I doubted that it would last overnight.

Vikas pulled me into his arms, "Khushi tum theek ho?"

"Haan!" I replied immediately with a huge simper and he nodded, examining my expression for any signs of complacency. 

"I'm glad you're here," I said even as I noticed Shehbaz approaching Sidharth in the lawn.

Shehbaz used to be a huge fan of Sidharth when we were in university when I didn't even know he existed, which was around the time when Fear Factor was a rage. So of course, I couldn't deny him the opportunity to spend time with Sidharth.

Shehbaaz had a brief animated conversation with him, amusing Paras and the others and all of them insisted he sit with them over lunch and chat.

Bigg boss had apparently let us off the hook today since everyone was thrilled with their connections. Shehbaz returned after lunch, cracking us up with a vivid imitation of Asim. Then he flung the bed covers down and sat next to me, grinning. 

Himanshi was perched on the foot of my bed, trying her best to engage me in a dialogue. I didn't know how exactly to feel about her being so friendly with me.She had literally used her stardom to boycott me from the Punjabi industry a few months ago and now she was looking at me like I was her long lost saheli.

But of course, I didn't like to overthink through someone's intentions. Maybe this was a new beginning for Himanshi and me. Agreed that I could never trust her enough to befriend her outside this house but at least we could exchange a smile at each other if we bumped into each other in the studio.

While I was talking with Asim, I noticed Himanshi observing the framed collage on my night stand. She pulled it up in her hands and examined it.

"Yeh wahi hai na?"

"Kaun?"

"Tera makeup artist," she mumbled pulling out the picture from the frame."Mey yeh kaatne wali hoon, iska picture, inki wajeh se--"

I quickly grabbed the sheet from her hands feeling a surge of emotion, "Hayee, nahi, yeh picture mere papa ne diya.Mat kaatto."

Her expression changed for a moment as if a mask had slipped from its place. After an awkward moment of silence, she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled, "Phir theek hai...Teri marzi."