✰ItS RaInIng MoNeY✰

Sana

I doused light strokes of loose compact powder onto my brother's face. He sneezed in between and then became still again. Akash stood beside me, hands shoved into his pockets as we worked in comfortable silence.

 Honestly speaking, Shehbaz would never be caught embracing cosmetics in his whole life because he considered it feminine. But when he noticed Paras casually dousing dollops of concealer, foundation and highlighter onto his skin with practised ease, he decided it was okay.

Of course, he had wanted a more light, natural finish which I was willing to give him.Matlab how much I could with my limited abilities.Hayee, waise toh sab bolte hai ki meri makeup skills achi nahi hai, mujhe laga ki mey makeup artist bhi ban jaungi aur bohot saare paise kamaungi aur phir se Canada jaake--

"Eyebrows pe hai, " Akash spoke from behind me and I half-glared at him. Shehbaz immediately shot out of his seat and moved to glance at his reflection.

"Yaar!"

"Muh tod dungi tera idhar aa, woh adjust kar sakte hai hum," I said, tugging at his sleeve.

Shehbaz kept lamenting while I finished with the ritual and pounded the case of the brush against the compact before plunging it into my makeup box.

Devoleena and Rashmi were already ready in their denim overalls,  a perfect outfit for not getting your clothes too sticky and they were in deep discussion with a half-naked Asim Riaz who had a towel wrapped around his shoulders and sporting a pair of briefs. His black microphone sash hung loosely against his bare torso.

"Waha jaake tujhe strategy nahi banaana hai ab?" Shehbaz said and I rolled my eyes. 

I informed my teammates that I was going to shower and left it to themselves. One great advantage of our connections coming this week was that Shehbaz had sneaked in my usual skincare products for me. There were only two options in the house, you smell like a Neem and Lemon antibacterial bathing bar or like a bouquet of beauty bathing bar fragrances. We were only allowed to use no more than the sponsored products that we were allotted every month and after all this time I could allow myself the luxury of using my own Citrus scented shower gel.

 The bathroom wasn't spacious enough but I somehow fitted myself into the denim overalls, being extra careful not to let any of my clothes hit the slippery tiles.

I was so surprised to see Kashmera, Shehbaz and Kunal in deep discussion. Maybe connections could form alliances with whomever they want. I strolled into the poolside and noticed the leader of the pack, Mr Sidharth Shukla talking in hushed whispers with the rest of his friends. When they heard my footsteps, they immediately turned to glance at me as if I were some spy from a terrorist organization.

I ignored them and stalked over to my minting machine and pulled out the stacks of plain paper. Asim was at my heels, supporting his weight on the tabletop with his forearms.

"Bata, kya hai?" I said, knowing he had something in mind. That was mutual between Sid and himself, the passion to win any task which was what made them lock horns often.

" Kuch bhi nahi, bas fair khelna hai, tujhe jo bhi chunega usko apna game khelne do, bas."

I raised my eyebrows, " Yeh ho kya gaya tujhe?"

"Bas yaar, game bhi khatam hone wala hai, aur kya hai yaha pe.Bas tu pehle chad. That's it."

I shrugged. I will do as they say because they knew to play better than me and I don't have issues accepting that.  I wanted nothing but peace now. Nothing else mattered to me as much as they used to.

There were two target boards before us, one labelled mine and the other for Sidharth. It was almost a good distance apart and any connection who was going to play in favour of either would have to throw a shooting dart at one of us to show who they were rooting for.