✰bRoKeN✰

Sid

I was becoming impatient as we were seated on the couch.Only when the screen lit up and I recognised the face of my mother, I relaxed.

I was so close.

So close.I wanted to win this for my mom.For the confidence in her voice as she proudly spoke about me. Then my eyes landed on the homely figure next to her who Shehnaz was excitedly waving at.I recognized her from the framed picture on Shehnaz's bedside.

I smiled softly at her excitement.

Her eyes were tearing up seeing her mother and she had a big smile on her face.

I took her hand in mine and held it in my lap.
I was bloody wrong.Shehnaz loved her parents.She just didn't like to show her affection as often as we did.Which was understandable because she did not grow up in the usual parental environment.She had been shoved into reality all by herself to survive alone from a young age.I had to acknowledge that.I squeezed her hand again firmly in an attempt not to let go of her literally and figuratively.

The finale was all about entertainment after that. The stage was full of celebrities and performances from the eliminated contestants.We had some time to ourself when they switched off our displays.

Immediately,Mahira and Rashmi would pull out their compacts and readjust their makeup. I fought the urge to go to the smoking room.I wanted to quit.Not for me but for Sana.

I knew smoking would decrease my lifespan but I didn't care before. I used to be an alcoholic as well when my career dipped so I knew it would take a toll on my health.So I was going to quit.I wanted to be with Shehnaz, see her everyday,touch her,talk to her...

I wanted to be her's and her to be mine. In an ideal world, I would have asked her out with the most romantic of gestures that she couldn't refuse but no. I won't take advantage of her innocence like that.

I could just take the heart replenishment treatment in the UK and I would have my health back to square one.Just to live to see Shehnaz.

While each person got eliminated, Shehnaz let out a deep breath as if she thought she had narrowly escaped.

But at the end, she had to leave when the top 3 were also filtered out. She hugged Asim first and then came towards me.I quickly grabbed her in an engulfing embrace,knocking the breath out of her.

"Don't forget what I said," I whispered into her ear.She heard me but she didn't react.I pressed a quick peck onto her cheek.That is,I meant her cheek but she also had the intention of the farewell kiss in mind and had turned towards me,making my lips brush against hers.

She froze and I quickly pulled away from her,turning red.

Asim broke out into a laugh while I mentally attempted to steady my thoughts and breathing.

It was a good thing that the cameras had given us the privacy we needed.
I brushed the hair away from her face,she looked lost. I cupped her face demanding her attention.Her lips automatically pouted from the pressure of my fingers.I had to resist the urge to taste it.
I caressed her cheek, "Wait for me with ma."

She still didn't reply and turned to Asim,giving him a side hug while he whispered something in her ear that suspiciously sounded like, "No more part of the one-sided lovers club eh?"

"Muh band kar," she reprimanded.

"What?" I demanded at the same time.What did he mean by lovers? What the fuck was Asim doing with her?

Asim only laughed louder and let her go.She waved a bye to us and I didn't like her indifference.I had a weird feeling about her behaviour but I couldn't quite put a finger to it.