✰VeRbATiM✰

I stood by the marble counter, watching the chai boil.I was making something in the kitchen after such a long while that my butler was looking on nervously.I dismissed him and I remembered that I would have to settle my staff's salaries because I couldn't possibly ask them to work through the Covid Pandemic.And they did have families as well.Maybe I could send a basket of groceries to their homes as a gesture.Not everyone were as privileged as we were at this point.

When I lost my father, none of my relatives were interested in holding down the fort and the four adolescent children. If it weren't for my mother--I wondered how she would come back to Mumbai by the way.Airlines closed tomorrow.I would have to book her on a first class after speaking to relatives.

I stirred the chai absent-mindedly as similar tasks for the day were lining up in my mind.The pandemic was not going to be easy because it was bringing the world to a standstill.And none of us knew how long this jail time was!

Only when I saw a figure trailing to the living room, I realised that there were pleasant repercussions as well.I had the object of my obsession as my jailmate.

The prospect sounded so good.

She was still in that goddamn night suit that was too big for her.Her night suits did nothing good to my libido.It was as plain as a 9-year-old would wear but it looked enticing on her.

Unaware of my tadofying, she was roaming in the hall, probably looking for the newly bought groceries.

I switched off the stove and went to help her pick the body wash from the box.

She stared at it, "Why do you have my brand?"

"I just have," I'd rather not tell her I specifically ordered four giant bottles of them and got it shipped yesterday. It sounded creepy even to me.

She rubbed her eyes like a child would, picking it from my hands.

Her wavy hair was fairly riotous and flowed till her breasts.

She still looked like my baccha.

What are you doing, Sidharth? She's a literal baby!

I should perhaps rethink this decision of expressing my feelings.

She was going to make her way into the bathroom and I held her by the back of her collar, "Chai toh pee k jao."

She was my extreme opposite, wanting to shower as soon as she woke up.I didn't know why, she always smelt pleasant,like lilac and vanilla.

She plopped down on my beanbag and was then looked down at it before deliberately plopping down again.

I chuckled, "It doesn't bounce."

She accepted the cup of tea from me and I realised that she had a huge smile on her face, revealing those adorable bunny teeth.

She noticed my look and giggled, "Sorry, I just can't relax, you, I mean we--I didn't think there will be an us."

My heart skipped a beat and I pulled her by the beanbag and she skid to me, "Listen to me Shehnaz."

"Ji," she adjusted her posture more formally as if it were a business meeting.

Her eyes were still dancing with excitement.I cupped her face to catch her attention.

"I...Its been a long time since I have been in a relationship. I want us not to have this pressure.Let's be natural and keep the prospect of us on stand-by. Whatever happens later happens."

"Stand-by ka kya matlab? Like you want me to keep my feelings private?"

"No, I don't want you to change a thing about the way you behave, even if we are outside.I'm just telling, let's just be what we were for a while. You don't know me yet.Stay with me, observe my life and then decide."