✰A pInCh Of TrUtH✰

Sana

I had some spare moments left before my call time because I had to enter with Paras and he didn't come on set yet. I was going through fan mails with an amused smile when my phone pinged.
Naira sent me a voice note. I opened it and tried to listen to what it could be but it was too feeble so I had to plug in earphones.

Iss ke saath time paas kar lete hai ab.

While I began listening, I recognised Neetu di's voice which was sounding like it was a little far away. And clearly not addressed to me. I should have put the phone down but I didn't.

Naira was active and she immediately typed, 'Kaise laga mera surprise Naaz sis?'

What surprise?

I could only hear muffled noises of Sidharth and his sister speaking when I heard the manager call for me.
I instantly shoved my phone into my pocket and turned to face him. He was not alone. Paras was with him.

He seemed chubbier and his face was caked with whitish foundation.

I cringed internally at his shark-like smile.

"Paras!Kab aaya tu?"

Saala tere muh dekh liya subhe subhe toh ab din kaise jayegi!

I made sure to reply sparsely and walked in the house.I had the least interest whatsoever but I had befriended a few of the guys and we either ate together or randomly chatted about stuff. Two days passed similarly.

I sat by myself in the garden, sipping a cup of tea when the gate creaked open.

Vikas came in puzzling all of us.
When I pulled him aside to ask him about what was going on,he told me that the show had to be cut short because of the growing concern of the covid pandemic.

When I frowned in return, he asked me if I watch the news at all.I slowly shook my head.Then he spent five minutes telling me what a pandemic was.

Then he went forward to greet the others and I sighed, slipping into my seat.

I knew what he was going to do. And I could not avoid it. I peered over at Paras, wondering how he would deal with it. After all, he had Mahira back home.

But I had to go first and all eyes were on me. I faltered and Vikas shot me a sympathetic look. But I wanted to clear it out. This was just a favour I returned for the channel. I wasn't that desperate for a suitor. I said all I had to while all the boys looked at me.

There was a short silence and Vikas announced that I was going to leave.I sighed happily hugging him.I waved to everyone and headed to the entrance.

I looked up to see the set and realised it was raining.One of the producers handed me a few things and disconnected my mike.I was free! I had never felt this free through this show.

I held onto my phone tightly as I got into the car.

I quickly plugged in my earphones and googled about the pandemic. I didn't want to look stupid around Sidharth. I read a few articles and only then I remembered the voice clip.

I went back and played it, maximising the volume.

As the simple conversation between brother and sister progressed, I turned white.

Sidharth was talking about me.

He was saying he loved me but he thought he shouldn't let me know.

Hayee, he loved me.He said it very clearly.

Unless my english is that weak.

The more I heard his excuses about wanting me to do better, the more angry I became.