✰LoYaLtIeS aSiDe✰

I'd deliberately asked Shehnaaz for punishment and now her face was scrunched into a look of disbelief and confusion. It was adorable. I leaned over my elbow to take a good look at her, hearing Mahira snickering behind me.

 I didn't know how else I could grab her attention and I'd dug up a brand new excuse to get her to talk. If I'd known that in the sea of confusion of my own feelings for Shehnaz, I'd lose her in the process, I would have never turned my back on her. Now I felt as if she was slowly becoming indifferent towards me. 

"Zyada woh mat kar Sidharth," She warned after a moment and my smile grew.

"Kya nahi karna?"

"Yeh sab drame na tumhare, Rashmi tak rakh yeh sab, mere saath aise sarcastically baat mat kar jab tujhe interest hi nahi hai."

I was taken aback, "Toh tujhe hai?"

 I watched warily as she wet her lips, her eyes wandering over the lawn. That moment it felt as if I would know exactly where I stood with her. I for one knew that Paras had lost most of his significance in her life. It wouldn't take much for her to alienate herself from me as well. 

"Aisa kuch nahi hai mujhe," she mumbled and the warmth in my gaze faded. I masked my expression into a hard mask. "Sahi hai, acchi baat hai."

The woman who'd confessed that she valued me more than winning the BB trophy a week back was pushing away from me. I chuckled sarcastically.

 I had misunderstood my tenderness for her as a paternal feeling but no guardian in their right mind would get jealous over her talking to any other guy right? Whom was i kidding? I was giving more of myself away then I'd ever wanted to.

 A moment later, the buzzer disrupted my peace and I made my way to my minting machine. This time, I wasn't in the mood to lay back and watch others play. I was the first to get on the ladder. Kunal and Shefali. 

Obvious choices. 

Of course, I wasn't stupid enough to think that votes were the deciding factor. It was the cash in the locker that did it. Shefali definitely collected more than Kunal. It was glaringly obvious. I'm sure it was even a cause of agitation to Asim and Rashmi who exchanged glances as Shefali stripped her jacket off her shoulders and deposited a huge bundle of money in the locker. Asim whispered something to Rashami and Shehnaz and I noticed it. Panic.

 I was triumphant. 

I moved to the living room before the last round, perching on a stool next to Mahira, watching her cook. 

The next buzz went off all too fast as if BB also wanted this task to be done with. Luckily, I was right next to the ladder but I didn't get over it, watching Shehnaz push past the others.

"Mujhe chadna hai abhi!" Mahira sulked.

"Sana pehle aaya toh...," Asim justified and I realised that Shehnaz was listening to Asim and playing the task. It was an irritating piece of news to digest. 

"Pehle aaya toh?" Paras bellowed.

I watched them argue and Shehnaz using the distraction was trying to sneak up the wall as quietly as possible. I tugged at her hoodie to make her stop.

She glanced back at us in irritation and narrowed her eyes at me. Not one word from her mouth. She just pursed her lips tightly as if suppressing the urge to say something.

"Yaha baat ho rahi hai na baby?" I pointed out just to spite her, earning a withering look. The next moment she moved and I thought she was lowering herself but she shrugged her jacket off her shoulder, leaving it in my hold and pranced up quickly like a monkey.