✰FuRtHeR ApArT ✰

Sid

"Kya hua tum dono ki beech?Itna kya hogaya?" Kashmera asked as we watched Arti and Shehnaz comically struggling through the glass doors.

It was none of her business but I didn't comment, lying back on the bed.

"TV pe nahi dekha? She flipped again! No big surprise! Maine aaj tak itni matlabi ladki kabhi nahi dekha...Sid takes care of her like a child aur yeh Sid ko bhi dhoka de diya, I mean wow," Shefali replied, shaking her head.

I wasn't really listening to any of them.

I knew Shehnaz was probably not going to come anywhere near me at this rate so I spoke just to elicit a reaction from her.

"Arti, Captain ko yeh bhi bol do ki until I'm personally assigned work, mey kuch bhi nahi karunga kal se. Aisa thodi hota hai bina discussion ki," I hollered and Shehnaz finally looked at me as if seeing me for the first time. I watched with satisfaction, at least she'd come out just to fight with me and very honestly I wouldn't mind one with her right now if that was the only way I could get her to talk.

She pursed her lips as if she wanted to say something but she mumbled something to Arti and stalked off in the opposite direction. I ignored the fact that i was slightly disappointed. When Sana is angry, the best way to get her to react is by teasing her and she shouts, jumps around and tries to choke me to death. The usual. This was unexpected.

Kashmera's deep voice invaded the silence again:"Itna attitude sahi nahi hai, I mean you can flip and do whatever, you can't be immature in everything na, how old is she anyway?"

"Isme immaturity kaha se aagaya?" Vikas asked.

"You've been friends with a guy who's supporting you from the first week aur ab yeh attitude dikha rahe ho, betraying him, its just--"

"Yeh aur Asim, dono ehsaan faramosh hai, Maine pehle hi kaha" Mahira mumbled, who'd just come back from her shower.

"Kya aap ne bahar se yeh show nahi dekha?" Vikas spoke silently and I tilted my chin to look up at him.

"Mey har unseen, har mudda, har drama dekh ke aayi hoon," Kashmera replied proudly.She's been saying this since she entered the house which was slightly vexatious.

"Haan haan toh yeh logo ko pata nahi hai na, Sidharth aur Shehnaz ke beech mey kya hua, par aap ne yeh sab dekh chuke ho, phir bhi aap..." He chuckled darkly and said nothing.

Paras, Mahira and Arti were silent because they had no clue and Shefali was just frowning in deadpan silence.

I replied before Kashmera could and diverted the topic of discussion. But I didn't like Vikas' tone. I tried to think back to what happened all through last week. Shehnaz had done a few things to upset me that also made me question her integrity but even then I hadn't let go of her. It was Shehnaz who had suddenly pushed me during the task and claimed that she hated me which abruptly brought a clean halt to our friendship. Even after that, it was me who had tried to reconcile, not her. So I didn't get what Vikas was talking about.

I pulled out my flask to fill some water to keep in the refrigerator for later.

"Captain, captain, Rashami ne phir se chai ki patti chupa liya," Mahira told Shehnaz, half-giggling and pointing towards Rashami, loud enough for her to hear. Devoleena laughed.

"Chori ki," Paras corrected her.

"Koi na, mey bhi chori ki, kyunki sab ande wagera chupa lete hai,to saare ration mere bed ke neeche hai, Baaz ko puchkar thoda nikal do abhi," Shehnaz whispered but I heard her.

Again, Sana was being unpredictable. In spite of having the captaincy in her hands, she still was offering to do one of the most hated duties in the house and gave her arch-rivals in the house the duty they wanted and a secret stash of ration.

I noticed that Sana was going towards the restroom as the glass doors flew open. I discreetly followed her. Asim and Himanshi were in the luggage room, so I didn't say anything, standing beside her beside the basin and combing my hair back with my fingers.

"Ajao Shehnaz, kuch khelte hai," Himanshi called out while leaving and Sana nodded while applying a blob of moisturiser over her arms and spreading it.

Then she placed the bottle in the stand and was going to follow Himanshi out. Without warning, I tugged at her hair from behind, making her wince and then frown up at me. I made sure not to be rash with her and I gently massaged her scalp just in case I hurt her.

"Chaiye kya tujhe bey?" I frowned as she held my wrist that was gripping her hair. Her fingers were warm. I let her strands of hair slide off my fingers.

"Haa?Bol?" I questioned.

She remained silent, her raven-black hair screening her face like a curtain.

"Ab baat nahi karni hai merese, hai na?Kyunki aakhri do hafte bache hai issiliye?" I demanded, hoping she'll then open those stubborn lips of hers and say something.

"Tujhe jo sochna nai soch lo. Waise bhi tum kuch accha nahi sochte ho mere baare mein."

As if she knew what I thought! She was the one who was happily laughing and frolicking with Asim and Vishal!

"Haa, right. I was just using you for the nomination votes. Otherwise, you're just a contestant I met here."

Her expression flickered and she smiled sardonically, "Woh toh pata hai mujhe."

"Pata chal gaya na? Bas.Toh jaa apne Asim ke pas."

Shehnaz scoffed instead of retaliating with the usual comebacks, she left me to myself, banging the glass door shut.

I sighed deeply, running my fingers through my hair. I didn't want to go back to my bed. I know it shouldn't feel cold and empty without Shehnaz but it was.

Just as I expected, the Captain's room was bubbling with people. Shehbaz was sleeping in my place instead of me, while almost everyone in the house was perched on her bed, playing dumb charades. The only people who were still with me were Paras, Shefali, Kashmera and Mahira.

Shehnaz was literally in the centre of attention, everyone was cosying up to her. Hell, my own connection was sharing a blanket with her. I was torn between being glad for her and being melancholic at my plight. I tried to ignore the roars of laughter and hollering while falling asleep.

It was already late in the night. There was going to be a task tomorrow and I needed to be well-rested for it.

Much to my surprise, I slept like a rock that night owing to the fact that I didn't sleep well for the past few days. While the wakeup song was being played, I strolled into the lawn observing the setup.

There was a huge wall that separated the pool area and the gym area. It was a bare wall, covered by a silver muslin cloth with the exception for of square windows at the bottom. There were also a few levers on the side and a huge door that led to the pool area which resembled a safety vault and had a huge spoke handle attached to it. There were a few dents lined on the surface of the wall.

Only a few hours later, Bigg boss chose to send us the activity folder which Shefali read out aloud, describing a money deposit task between two teams.

"Iss kaarya mey do teams honge, jiski captains hai Sidharth aur Shehnaz.Aur is karya ki sanchalak... "

I stopped listening after that. I ran my palm over my face, vexed. Trust Bigg Boss to make things worse.