✰fOiLeD ScHeMeS✰

Sana

"Di, its not working!" She stage-whispered to Neetu di as she watched Sidharth turn away from her with a glass of whiskey and accompany his mother to the restaurant beyond the glass doors.

"What's not working?" Naira asked, popping a chip into her mouth.

Preethi moved Shehnaz away from her, "Its an adult conversation sweetheart, tu waha jaake khel."

She rolled her eyes, "Kaha khelu?Playpen mey? I'm 16 mom please.And I know you both are talking about their jhagda.Mey yeh sab mey tv mey hi dekh liya,what's left to hide?"

Preeti gave up trying to keep her teenage daughter away.Naira also moved closer in an attempt to join the conversation.

"So you were trying to make him jealous?" Preethi asked, horrified and amused.

Shehnaz shrugged, "That was a safe bet.He used to get possessive before.But I guess that was only coz its Asim."

"Oohhh," Naira chuckled, "Mey issiliye soch rahi thi why Sana di was laughing so much with Angad bhaiya."

Shehnaz whined and turned away to the billiards table, "Siyapa!Ab usko lagega ki mey move on kar chuki hoon."

Neetu scoffed, "I bet he's burning inside.He's just an expert at not letting his feelings show."

"Nahi di.He's done with me.And here you were saying that he--" She stopped short of saying love seeing Naira watching them like she was in a movie theatre.
She gorged on a few more chips and prodded encouragingly, "He..?"

Shehnaz laughed at how inquisitive she was being,reminding her of herself in school, "Yaar tu chod!"

"If you're trying to make him jealous,do it properly," Neetu whispered before turning back and offering a dazzling smile to Angad, "Join us for dinner na?They have the seafood platter today!Your favourite."

"Oh, thanks but--"
She didn't let him finish, insisting he join them and pushed Shehnaz forward.His eyes lit up at for some reason and he complied.He began a dialogue with Shehnaz and she responded with artificial enthusiasm while they walked over to the table.

It didn't take Shehnaz five minutes to realise that her plan was failing miserably.

This was the first time she had tried to provoke him into normalcy by jealousy.

...And he was just serving food onto his mother's plate.But then, that was how he was when they fought. Did she expect an easier relapse?

She let the stupid plan slide and kept her conversation to a bare minimum with Angad after that.She didn't want to displease him too much.
When she thought she was going to be dropped home after dinner, she noticed Baaz standing by his car in the flat.

She wanted to admonish him for accepting Neetu's proposal of a sleepover.She didn't want to overstay her welcome despite the fact that no one had been short of gracious.

Sidharth had no qualms in pulling her brother forward into a warm bear hug.Baaz was like her, a fumble of excited words rolled out of his mouth as Sid put his arm around him.They were bantering like good friends and disappeared to the elevator.

She exchanged a glance with Neetu di.

"You didn't even try Sana," Neetu said.

"Try what?" Naira barged in between them. "Mamu is still angry?"

Shehnaz shrugged in response.

Neetu had made her understand that she had misinterpreted Sidharth's words.His hurt dialogue that night after the ticket to finale task was actually a twisted confession of affection.He was trying to tell her that she was becoming too much a part of himself that he couldn't let go and here she thought he might think she wasn't good enough.