25: Song

You know those days between Christmas and New year? When it feels empty because nothing's happening, but at the same time, it feels like we have to get ready for something. We just keep wondering what that something is, until we find ourselves waking up one morning and it's already the start of another year.

Kio feels just like that.

But he quickly realized that he should not waste any more time doing nothing. He first decided to find out more information about Asher's past relationship without the others getting suspicious. It wasn't easy since he kept reminding himself to be careful. Not until Gun suddenly invited him to eat out with Enzo one morning, on the twenty-eighth.

"Aren't you shooting anything these days, Zo?," he asked while Gun was by the counter, ordering.

Enzo looked up from his phone, "I have no work as of the moment, but I'm considering an offer. Some teen mystery drama..."

He nodded, "your previous one was really good, I used to watch it with Ash."

His companion laughed, "I'm sure I ain't the reason why you two were watching it."

Gotcha.

"Well for Ash, yeah, you're not," he playfully uttered. "Ahh... the idiot was so in love with her, who would've thought?"

"It happens, especially in our line of work. Still, they were together for two years, that's impressive if you ask me. And they weren't caught by anyone, I should ask him for tips."

He came home that day with additional knowledge about Asher and his ex. They've been together for two years, broke up the last day of Eunjung's taping for the drama and only a month after, the girl was already seen dating the co-star she supposedly caught feelings for.

Ash handled the breakup maturely but there were noticeable changes in his attitude. This information didn't come from Enzo, but from his private messages with Haneul. He found lots of their past conversations where he asked him for suggestions of what he can do to cheer up their heartbroken friend.

When he was satisfied with what he knew, and obtained the information he needed to justify his decision of helping Lilac, that's when he finally stopped prying. All he needs to do now is wait for Ash to ask him how Li got his number. When that happens, it meant the girl already made her move.

He sighed and smiled to himself, gazing at the hourglass displayed meters away from him.

"Do it baby, text him. As long as you're happy, I'll be fine," he absentmindedly whispered. He stared a bit longer before looking back down the sheet of paper in front of him.

He is spending his remaining free days rewriting the songs he wrote for her back in the original world. He submitted a few to Yohan back then, and even recorded two, but they always end up incohesive with their album's overall concept. Though a number of his songs are already released, it's always the ones he wrote for the members or the fans, and not for Lilac.

The leader once talked to him about it. He probably noticed he's starting to feel bothered about the constant rejection.

"You tend to get too deep and personal with your songs for your girlfriend," the guy gave him a tight-lipped smile. "Well yeah, we have more personal songs with deeper meanings than the ones you wrote, but I think Chief is still being careful when it comes to you. Once we released these songs with these lyrics, and with your name on the writing credits, what do you think will our fans think? Just wait a bit more."

"They'll think it's just a typical love song," he shrugged.

Yohan shook his head, "trust me, what you wrote are not just typical love songs. Whenever I read those lyrics, I sometimes can't help but wonder how can one person love someone this much. And among the members, it's you Ki-Ryeong—the youngest—who is experiencing this type of love. I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling and thinking this way."