35: Days

She already felt it even before she checked. It's probably the reason why she was unnecessarily emotional this morning. Indeed, she felt quite sympathetic towards Kio's situation, but did she really have to be so upfront about it and make the guy feel sadder?

She is such a shitty friend.

Not only is she regretting how she handled her earlier conversation with Kio, but she also feels extremely embarrassed right now. Right after taking the last bite of her lunch, the heaviness in her stomach started bothering her, and also the warm wetness in between her thighs. 

It didn't take more than two seconds for her to realize what was happening. She wasted no time and didn't even bother excusing herself to her seniors, because she quickly ran straight to the guest room where she's staying and into its adjoining toilet and bath.

She opened the left drawer under the lavatory, expecting some sanitary pads... but eventually realized she's staying in a bachelor's home. Why the hell would Kio store sanitary pads?! Stupid. Worse, she's currently cohabiting with three guys! Oh my God.

Successive knocks pulled her from her panicked thoughts, causing her to pull down the hem of her shirt out of reflex. Both her panties and shorts are now lying on the tiled floor, soiled with blood.

"Li, you alright there?"

Shit... not Asher. Why him?! Where's Ki-Ryeong?

"Are you pooping? Should we get you some digestive pills?," Haneul's voice resounded next, making it a lot worse.

Lilac closed her eyes and breathed out. Well, whatever, I'm a woman. This is a natural occurrence for me... but not these two, please!

"Uhm... can either of you call Ki-Ryeong, please?," she bit her lip, feeling beyond ashamed.

"He also left right after you ran away. Seriously, what's with you two?," the older guy said, his tone sounding incredulous.

"Do you feel uncomfortable telling us?," it was Ash this time. "Let me call—"

Loud and rapid footsteps interrupted the guy.

"Where have you been?"

"I'll take it from here, you two can leave." There was silence for a short while, before sounds of footsteps were heard once again, though they're faint and unhurried this time.

"Li? I have what you need. Should I leave them here?"

Her eyes widened as she found herself standing up and walking closer to the door. She opened it slightly, just enough for her head to take a peek outside, while her half-naked body is still hidden behind. She is greeted by Kio's flushed face, whose breathing is still a bit labored—he must have ran. He's holding a paper bag on one hand, and a familiar folded sweatpants on the other.

Her eyes traveled back his face, still looking shocked. "How did you know?"

He stilled, looking hesitant. "Seo-mi told me."

"She did?"

"She called... Yohan this morning, before you woke up... and talked to me... and asked how you're doing. She also informed me you might have cramps so I got you some hot compress and tea as well, they're all inside the bag." He stretched both his arms out, looking like a proud kid who just completed a secret mission.

"And the sweatpants?"

"Sorry, I took it from your backpack," he smiled apologetically.

The familiar warm feeling filled her chest once again. No butterflies, no fireworks, just pure relief and assurance. It was like her heart and mind had an automatic response to Ahn Ki-Ryeong. They yearn for him in moments of distress, and seek for his presence whenever a problem arises.