11: Lost

The woman instantly cried seeing the state her youngest son was in. When the news about his scandal broke out, she wasted no time to book a flight to Seoul, even ignoring the protests of her husband. But who knew that something much worse was about to come?

The girl who she had grown to love, and who she already recognized as her daughter is gone. God, she's still in disbelief, and she wasn't the only one. The world grieved, and is still in a state of shock, even though two days have already passed.

Yes, two days, and she wasn't able to check up on Ki-Ryeong because she had to help her dear friends, Lilac's parents. In this entire situation, they are the ones who needed support the most. She still sent her eldest to check up on his brother from time to time, his members would as well, but Kihyun and the boys always end up with dismay and sadness etched on their faces. Now, she can see why.

"Kio, mom's here," she gently muttered as she carefully approached him. The reek of alcohol immediately attacked her senses, causing another set of tears to escape her eyes. There were empty plates on the center table, an untouched cake that is now spoiled, a wilted tiger lily and on the floor beside her son was an unfamiliar hourglass.

Kio looked up, a little disoriented at first. His swollen eyes were evident, he was pale and it just seems like... he's lost.

"Oh no... sweetie," the woman sobbed, pulling her son into her chest. "I am so sorry, mom's here now..."

"Mom," his voice cracked.

"I'm here, honey."

"Li... L-Lilac is..."

"She's going to be fine. She's in a better place now," she whispered as her arms tightened around him.

Ki-Ryeong sobbed, "I can't sleep. I don't want to sleep... because I'm waiting for her. But she won't come back..."

"Honey, she won't be happy seeing you like this."

"I just want to see her for the last time," he begged. "Mom, I miss her... I miss her so much. I haven't apologized to her yet. You see these?," he leaned away, gesturing around the living toom. "She prepared all these for me."

"She had always been good at this things, even though she's a bit clumsy, don't you think?," the matriarch tearfully smiled.

There was a momentary silence before he spoke once again; "Mom."

"Hmm?"

"I want to quit."

She took a deep breath, "Kio—"

Her son looked straight into her eyes, "I don't think I will be the same again, after this."

.°•⏳°.•

Soonho sighed at the sight of his friend, while his companion just emotionlessly entered the apartment and snatched the bottle of soju from Ki-Ryeong, causing the guy to look up.

Kio immediately frowned, confused as to how this unlikely pair would visit him. He then watched as Asher emptied the bottle, and sat down the floor a couple of feet away. Soonho followed suit—adjacent to Ash—so it turns out like they formed a triangle, facing each other.

"She's leaving tomorrow, aren't you going to see her?," Soonho broke the silence.

Kio shook his head no, reaching out for another bottle of soju.

"Are you trying to kill yourself?," the former added, furrowing his eyebrows. "Your mother even visited you here yesterday, and you're still being like this?"