20: Here

TW // Some scenes may be too detailed for those who have anxiety, if you start feeling uncomfortable, please prioritize your well-being and stop reading.

Ki-Ryeong opened his eyes the same moment a gust of cold wind touched his bare arms. A frown masked his face when the sight of a familiar low-rise building across the road greeted his eyes. He remembered this commercial area is located a few blocks away his apartment complex. He could actually see the shadow of the structure from afar, beyond the falling snow.

Wait, snow?

He instantly looked down and was filled with more confusion when he found himself only wearing a plain white tee shirt and a pair of black sweatpants. Worse, he was barefoot, but he felt nothing. With the icy pavement under his feet and the snow continuously falling and touching his exposed skin, he felt none of the cold.

"What..." he breathlessly whispered.

What's this? Why am I here?

His thoughts were interrupted by voices, and he automatically whirled around. It is only then he realized that he wasn't alone on the sidewalk. There are still a few people passing by; some wearing uniforms, looking like they are about to head home from work, and some seem to be coming from a fun night-out with friends.

The prior voices he heard are from the workers of the confectionery shop meters away from where he stood. They are closing the shop, and are laughing about something the only guy among them said.

He unconsciously watched the three, his mind in a complete mess that he wasn't able to think straight anymore. He only got his senses back when one of the girls suddenly looked up and caught his eyes. He flinched and absentmindedly took a step back, remembering that his face is exposed.

Fuck, she's gonna recognize me!

He was about to turn around when the girl beat him to it. What shocked him more was the fact that her face didn't even show any reaction, like... she didn't even see him at all.

"Please stop," Kio closed his eyes, his hands clenching into fists as he finally understood what was happening. "Not this again..."

Unlike the other times, he is aware this time that where he is right now is yet another twisted nightmare of his. But similar to the previous ones, he still has no clue what's going to happen next. These dreams had been tormenting him the past month. It usually starts with the recollections of his happy moments with Lilac, but would end with her... with her dying.

"Please, I can't do this anymore," he begged, tears welling up his eyes as he desperately looked around, trying to remember the time he spent with Lilac in that particular place. He came up with nothing and his fear worsened.

Did they ever go on a date somewhere near this area? This is near his place, maybe they spent some time together in disguise? Why can't he remember?

"Oh my God!"

Time seems to slow down as a loud collision resounded throughout the entire street. The ground vibrated, followed by sounds of screeching tires and breaking glass. One of the cars hit the shed at the corner of the road while the other—the one which received the most impact—rolled away and stopped, roof down, before his very eyes.

He froze, his heart beating erratically inside his now-aching chest.

"Holy shit! It's Lilac! K4RMA's Lilac!"

His head snapped towards the direction of the voice and found the same girl earlier, standing on the other side of the turned-over car.

"No," he choked out, running towards the other side and abruptly stopping a feet away once he saw her. "No! God no, please no." His legs gave out, and without minding the shards of broken glass scattered around, he knelt and crawled closer to her as he clutched his chest.