10: Real

Hei-won sighed as the youngest intently watched the video that was playing on his monitor.

After coming back home from the company last night, Kio hid himself inside his room once again, and didn't come out even till the next day. Unlike the past few days where he still joined them during meals and would quietly obey each of Yohan's orders, this time, he asked them not to disturb him.

Now, he found out the reason for it. 

The youngest was finishing something all day and he just did. He is reviewing the hour-long film at the moment—his longest one yet. Kio took interest on photography and cinematography around three years ago. Currently, he could pass up as a professional by how his skills greatly improved. Their fans knew about this too, due to the random video blogs the boy uploads on RAVN's official channel.

Hei-won knew there was still a barrier between them and the youngest because of what the latter did, but there was a part of him that was constantly worried for Kio. He watched when the boy accepted all the criticisms, the disappointed looks, the anger and disbelief from his friends and his brothers, not once complaining. Even when he was physically hurt, he never asked to be tended.

That's when his walls gradually crumbled down Kio. It's kind of expected that he is the one who will surrender first, anyway, he had always been the most sensitive among the group. It's the opposite for Asher, the only one left who still kept ignoring Kio. But they knew where Ash was coming from, so they understood.

"Maui, who's that? You know him?" Lilac's sweet voice sounded from the speakers.

Hei-won's eyes travelled towards the screen and watched as the girl, who had also become a close friend of his, hugged a kitten against her chest and pointed at the person holding the camera.

"That's Dada," she then laughingly added, making the camera shake a bit because Kio was chuckling too. The scene ended and switched inside a dark hotel room. Only a few seconds later, a bit of light came from the side with a singing voice;

"Happy birthday to you..."

He remembered this day, he helped Lilac plan this surprise. It was the first time they're celebrating Kio's birthday as an official couple, and the girl really prepared for it. He heard a faint sob and instantly looked down the boy seated in front of the computer.

Ki-Ryeong's shoulders shook, never once turning away from the monitor. Another thirty minutes passed and the special film finally ended. He remained seated and unmoving, just staring at the now-black screen in front of him.

"I ruined... that," Kio whispered, but it was enough for him to hear.

Hei-won stood up and held his shoulder, "as long as you're regretting it and you're going to tell her the truth, apologize and set her free from thinking that it was her fault, then you can start working on compensating for everything you've done."

"It's supposed to be our third anniversary tomorrow," Kio swallowed hard. "She asked me if I could at least wait for our anniversary but I can't do that to her. I can't let her make yet another memory with me... someone she will eventually hate."

He can't help but tear up as well, "I understand."

"I wanted to," the younger guy looked up, pleading for him to believe his words. "I wanted to celebrate with her for the last time but I don't deserve that anymore."

He nodded, "I believe you."

"You do? Really?"

"Yes."

Ki-Ryeong closed his eyes, relieved. The sight further hurt him, seeing the boy like this. It was like... he never expected that someone will actually believe him.