Prologue

The world calls her successful, but is she really?

We each have different meanings for the word, success. For some it's wealth, while others—fame, power, genuine happiness or even a love worth to be turned into a best-selling novel or a blockbuster film.

Lilac found herself smacked dab in the middle of everything.

She had one simple dream—to be a Korean Pop idol. Since she was a mere six-year-old child who discovered her innate talent in dancing and singing, and who was convinced to perform in every family gathering and school event, she knew she wanted to be a star. The brightest one in the night sky.

It was not easy for her, of course, it was particularly more difficult for her rather. She is not born in South Korea, she doesn't even have a single drop of Korean blood in her veins. She is just an ordinary Thai girl with big dreams.

With the popularization of Korean Pop—more known as KPop—in the global market, her mother was one of those who went crazy for the rather eclectic and unique genre of music. She can say, her mom was her major influence on her choice of career.

She could've just stayed in Thailand and be a local artist, why aim to move to a whole 'nother country where she has no family and friends? Why go to a place where she could possibly experience cultural shock, language barriers and worse, racism?

Even she, herself, thought being an idol will just stay as her secret holy grail, too impossible to reach. At fifteen years old, her backup plan was to pursue pre-med, a degree her relatives expected of her. But a rare opportunity came and she grabbed it desperately. When a person is desperate enough for something, she will work hard to have it.

In the end, she eventually got it. Out of thousands of auditionees, she, a fifteen-year-old skinny girl with long limbs and an undeniable ability to charm people with her complex dance moves, got chosen.

Nine years later, here she is—a total definition of the word; success. She trained for five gruelling years. Five years of non-stop singing, dancing, rapping, language lessons, acting lessons and everything her company deemed necessary for a future all-rounder idol to learn.

They were supposed to debut as seven, until two left—too impatient to wait any longer—and another one by the last minute. Four of them remained, and they have been branded as the KPop girl group, K4RMA, for four years now.

Her members not only became her best friends, but her family as well. They have overcome every hardship, every admonishment from their trainers and producers, every disappointment whenever the promise of their debut gets broken, and every time a supposed member says goodbye. 

They were the last women standing, and every droplet of sweat and tears, had paid off these last couple of years.

Their fame skyrocketed two years into their career with a hit song, not only domestically but globally. They were coined as the biggest and most successful girl group of the present generation of idols.