37: Kiss

All this time, it was calmness and comfort when it comes to Ki-Ryeong. She stopped looking for the butterflies and the fireworks, because she got used with the ease he gives. She slowly understood that that was the definition of love for some—for them. But the moment their lips collided, her mind just went;

Here you go.

Everything she was looking for right from the very start, came alive. Maybe the butterflies were just waiting to hatch from their cocoons, because they need to make sure the flowers had fully bloomed. Maybe the fireworks took their time to set off, because they need to be certain the night is perfectly still so they could be seen at their fullest. Maybe her heart needed to know she felt safe in his arms first, before it starts beating erratically for him.

He was frozen during the first few seconds, his lips shut tight but eyes wide as saucers. She didn't dare close her eyes, anticipating what he will do and how he will react. When he still stayed unresponsive for a couple more seconds, she slowly moved her head away, but that's when he woke up from his trance.

Kio chased her, like her lips were magnetic and his were made of iron. In no time, their mouths were battling in a hungry kiss. He redeemed himself by showing her how much he'd wanted to kiss her all this time. His arms circled her and pulled her closer, one hand supporting the back of her head while the other stayed heavy on her hip.

She also clutched him like her life depended on it. Her right hand gripping the the front of his shirt, and her left, buried in his hair. Her heightened emotions intensified her need to feel him more. She didn't know when it happened, but he apparently adjusted her position during the kiss, and now she's straddling him.

"God..." she heard Kio faintly drawl the short moment their lips separated. It made her giggle, but it was immediately cut off by forced coughs.

Her shoulders went rigid as shame slowly filled her entirety. Oh shit. She hurriedly pushed Kio away and looked around, only to be greeted by the stupefied faces of the four other guys seated around them.

Did I just make out with Ki-Ryeong in front of my seniors? Holy—

She can't even finish berating herself, because she just automatically hid her face on Kio's shoulder and let him handle the mess—wait, no. Mess? No, never. That kiss shouldn't be called a mess, ever. That kiss was pure bliss, and calling it a mess makes it sound like a mistake—which is not. She will do it over and over again, preferably without the presence of the other guys next time.

"Uhh... I think we should go. Yeah, yeah, we should. Should we?" It was Hei-won, sounding quite unsure, followed by sounds of shuffling feet and the couch moving a bit.

"Well, you two are consenting adults. We trust you both know what you're doing and—"

"Yohan, let's just go," Haneul said exasperatedly.

"Where's my coat? My coat! Quick, hand it to me!"

Asher might be aiming to leave quietly because he was whisper-shouting those words, but still, it didn't escape her ears. She also felt Kio's shoulders shaking a bit, like he's actually having fun! Although she can't see his face, she can feel how relaxed he is at the moment, there's not even a drop of embarrassment in his current stance.

As expected for a playboy! He must be proud! She thought, rolling her eyes.

"We'll leave you two alone, and we're not gonna tell the managers. You know the consequences of your actions so—"

"Yohan," Hei-won was the one to call the leader out this time, followed by the sound of the front door being opened.

"Enjoy! Go ahead and multip—" Asher's teasing voice was the last one they heard, before the door shut close.