LXIV. karelia suite, op. 11, ii. ballade by Jean Sibelius

Brett Yang and Eddy Chen are now middle-aged. Continuing their careers as soloists, raising and loving two beautiful children, having a very active golden retriever and daily practice, there are things that they cannot and will not forget. Except one thing...

warnings: none, maybe tooth rotting fluff?

Third Person POV

Brett and Eddy were back home in Australia for the month of June. Their lovely daughters were sat on the couch, minding away in their businesses. It was their twenty-third wedding anniversary soon that's why their daughters were with them.

Shane, the older of the two, was with her husband and their two lovely children. Brett and Eddy had her before they were even married. They had her when she was fourteen because her biological father, who was a dear friend of theirs, cannot take care of her. So, they took her into their care and formed their family.

Brett and Eddy were happy to take her in because they do want to have a child even if they weren't married yet. Shane was thankful that her current dads had took her in. So, there she was at thirty-five. Her lovely and caring husband, Dean and her two wonderful children, John and Clara.

She smiled as her fathers were beaming with excitement as they carried their grandchildren. Dean smiled and held her hand. She kissed him on the cheek and held his hand, squeezing as a form of unspoken communication.

Jasmine, their other daughter, was only twenty-one. After years of trying to adopt, they finally gave Jasmine as a blessing to the Chen-Yang family. They raised her the same way they raised Shane and she even helped with taking care of her. Jasmine said that she wanted everyone to meet her significant other.

Her significant other, Alex, was non-binary. So, they all respected that the pronouns they will use for Alex is they/them. Brett and Eddy were just glad that even their little girl is happy with her significant other.

"Jas?" Shane whispered as they were alone in the kitchen now.

"Hmm?" Jasmine asked.

"What do we do for their wedding anniversary?" Shane asked again.

"Well, since you and your family are here already, what if we go and cook them a traditional Taiwanese feast... Let's all have a dinner on the huge ass balcony we have. They have spare tables there, right? Let's just decorate it..." Jasmine suggested.

"Yeah, that would be awesome. Let's start decorating tomorrow morning, okay? Before papa and dad wake up." Shane said.

"Of course. Let's just make the theme simple. Like photographs of every moment in their life. And handmade decorations. I'm sure they'll appreciate your art skills." Jasmine continued. "Oh, make sure your children do something cute for their grandparents. I bet both of them will cry." Jasmine added, laughing.

Shane laughed too as she made her way back to her children and husband.

- - - - -

They were all outside of the balcony, decorating it. The two men were still asleep, still not fixing their circadian rhythms. Thankfully, it's one of the days where their crazy sleeping schedule helped. They were finished putting up everything with the help of Dean and Alex.

They shut the curtains and stalled their papa and dad from going to the balcony. It was easy since both were practicing. John and Clara were with their grandparents on the practice room as they asked them for stories. Mostly for stalling time and allowing their parents and aunt to go to the market for their dinner later that night.

"Baba Brett, how did you and papa Eddy met?" Little Clara asked, smiling at Brett as she made grabby hands. Asking to sit on Brett's lap.

"Well, little Clara, if you were so curious... Me and Eddy met when we were young. He was thirteen and I was fourteen. We were attending the same tuition for maths and he sat next to me. That was Friday night, so the next day we met in youth orchestra again..." Brett smiled, recalling the memory.