IV. don juan, op. 20 by Richard Strauss

don juan- a captivating man known as a great lover or seducer of women
definition from: Merriam-Webster dictionary

What happens when Eddy Chen is labeled a Don Juan, by his best friend and the love of his life, Brett Yang? What does he do? Does he confess or does he continue using other people to forget the older man in front of him?

warnings: swearing, mentions of sex, and little bit of angst

Eddy's POV

"Eddy, you've gotta stop breaking hearts left and right. You know, some of them even call me because they're terribly heartbroken. Are that good of a lover, bro?"

Wouldn't you like to find out, Brett?

"I don't know, I just can't seem to settle down with one of them. I feel like they all lack something I'm looking for."

They're not you, Brett. You're what I'm looking for.

"Always the Don Juan, aren't ya?" Brett asked rhetorically. Laughing at this own comment, probably thinking about how smart he was for labeling me that.

"Hey, not my fault that they love me too much." I laughed sarcastically.

I want you to love me too much, Brett.

"Anyway, Brett. What about you? Why aren't you dating anyone, then?"

"Nobody really likes me, and besides, I don't have time. I always practice, anyway. My potential lover probably will get jealous of Practicia." Brett said, gesturing to the violin in his case.

I will never get jealous of your practice time, passion is passion, after all. I understand.

"Okay, Mr. Practice." I chuckled as I look at the text from my phone.

Another date to forget Brett. Why can't anyone come as close to him? Why can't I just forget him?

I went to the bathroom and ran my hand through my hair. I sprayed a good amount of cologne on me. I straightened my clothes and stared at myself. Good enough. Even if I wasn't planning on settling down with any of them, I just want to give out a good impression.

It's not like I want to break hearts. It's just, I want to temporarily forget that mine is breaking because of the older man next room. I sigh and closed my eyes. I'll try my best again.

I left the bathroom and returned to Brett, who was now laughing at a video on his phone. To the gods out there, please refrain me from kissing this man until his lips are bruised. He saw me and smiled. I can't allow myself to be this weak when this man couldn't ever be mine.

"Going out on a date for the second time this week, I see." He smirked as he looked up at me. God, help me now. Please, universe, give me the strength to get going.

"Yeah, this girl's great. We've talked a lot over the past three days."

"Cool." He was looking at me with an unreadable expression in his eyes. "Call me afterwards. Whether it went great or horribly wrong."

His eyes became glassy but I never broke our eye contact.

As if looking at his eyes will give me an answer.