XXIX. the firebird by Igor Stravinsky

Eddy Chen has a love for ballets and Brett Yang is an orchestral musician for the Queensland Symphony Orchestra. When the two met, they knew they had to be together.

warnings: expletives, just full on fluff

Third Person POV

Brett Yang, in his entire career as an orchestral musician, hated ballets more than anything. Don't him wrong, he loves the composers and their pieces but he hates the fact they're literally longer than Mahler's symphonies.

He always believed that he would find his lover during a ballet. The thing is, he doesn't have a basis about that belief. He just believes that there's a good thing in the worse of times. Sometimes, it's even Brett's motivation to continue do ballet even if it was the most unbearable thing in the world.

Brett Yang had dated before. Usually, these dates only lead up to one night stands and never more. He swears that he's trying his best, but online dating is really like that. It's another good reason to believe that he'll find his lover during a ballet. Also, there's a beautiful connotation when it comes to ballets.

The grace, the beauty and most especially how the dancers bring the music to life. It's a bit romantic; Brett's not too romantic but his excuse is that he'll compromise for it once he has a serious lover. He promises to not look for love and allow it to come to him. It sounds cliché but it might work. It really wouldn't hurt to try.

Tonight's ballet is Stravinsky's The Firebird. Brett not only liked this music but also enjoyed the costumes, props and dances in this ballet. He finds it more bearable than other ballets like Romeo and Juliet. As the performance starts, Brett can't help but feel as though something is pulling him towards the audience. Something in the atmosphere was different but Brett didn't really mind. It felt a bit calming.

Brett promised that he would find out why he felt like that, but for now, he will focus on playing his music first.

- - - - - - - - - -

Eddy Chen had always loved ballets. There's something about the art form of it. How the dancers move gracefully across the stage and how they build and create mesmerizing shapes. Eddy Chen was not a dancer but he knows his body shapes. The only reason for that is because Eddy Chen is a model.

Eddy never had much time to watch ballets and concerts, so he takes any opportunity he can. Eddy is a fan of classical music because he was a classically trained violinist. He didn't know what pulled him in but he decided to watch Stravinsky's The Firebird.

He never really related anything special about ballets but there's something about this specific ballet. Like a pull of force is drawing him in. He tries to ignore it at first because he needs to focus on watching.

Eddy believes that he'll find out later. He just has got to watch this ballet before anything else.

- - - - - - - - - -

After the ballet is over, Brett hurried to change and to fix his case and instrument and investigate the intuitive feeling he got before the ballet started. It was also quite late, so a lot of people might've left already. When he walked out of the music hall, there were no people inside anymore.

Brett rushed outside and stopped for a moment. It sunk into him that he should follow his intuition. He slows down and allows the people to leave first. He starts to walk down the lobby, not rushing and taking his time. If what he said was true, then it will come to him.

Finally, people were already gone and he waited outside. There was another man who was just outside. The man was about to approach Brett, so Brett smiled to look friendly. Removing deadpan facial expression, because he felt his intuition tell him so.

"That was a nice ballet, huh?" The man said with a curious tone.

The man was dressed in smart casual clothing. He wore a black turtleneck and his slacks and blazer was gray. His shoes were unsurprisingly, white Gucci shoes. Brett could tell that the man had expensive taste.

"Fun and impressive to watch, but dreadful for musicians." Brett said, lightly laughing at the fact.

"God, I know. So annoying." Eddy smiled. "Oh, I'm sorry, I'm Eddy Chen and I play the violin."

"Brett Yang, concertmaster for the Queensland Symphony Orchestra." Brett said, introducing himself.

Both found out that they both played the violin. They were amazed at the fact that they're conversation moves freely. It jumps from one topic to another without it being too slow or too quick. Eddy loves talking to Brett and Brett could tell you the same thing.

Eddy checked the time in his phone and was surprised to find that it's already three am. Time passed by quickly when they were talking to each other. Both didn't have anywhere to go, so Eddy invited Brett for coffee in a diner that's open 24/7.

They both ordered early breakfast that consists of waffles and a lot of maple syrup and a cup of coffee each. None of them really didn't anticipate that following their intuitions will make them end up here.

"I'm glad I followed my intuition." Brett confessed to Eddy.

"Honestly, me too. If I didn't I would probably be alone right now." Eddy also confessed.

The men smile, not sure of what's ahead of them, but both had their intuitions telling them that it was love at first sight. Even if both of them didn't really believe in the concept, they just follow the gut feeling.