LII. piano concerto no. 1 by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky

Brett Yang fakes being Belle Chen's date for a Chinese New Year party. He had always been her best friend and he never knew that Belle's younger brother, Eddy Chen, had a crush on him. He always found the boy adorable and cute, so when he finds him crying on their balcony, he consoles the younger boy.

a/n: Let's pretend that Brett and Belle are the same age. They're both just three years older than Eddy. Belle and Brett are 23 and Eddy is 20.

warnings: expletives, a sprinkle of angst but fluff all the way

Third Person POV

"Brett, please help me." Belle said, emphasizing her letter e's.

"Belle, they literally won't believe us. I mean, I'm going to go with you tonight but not as your date." Brett said, fixing my shirt before we leave her apartment.

"I just need them to get off of me for not dating anyone. I told them that we are only dating, not boyfriends. We could always pretend that it didn't work out after it. Pretty please?" Belle pleaded.

"Ugh, fine, but you owe me one." Brett said, giving in to her favor.

"Thank you, Bretty-Brett." She said while hugging me.

"Don't mention it. Now, we have to go or we will be late. Also, please stop calling me that. It's annoying."

"I won't stop calling you that."

She locked her apartment door and they went to Brett's car. The car ride wasn't long since Belle lived fifteen minutes away from their family home. They were silent the whole time, letting the radio fill in the silence. It was not awkward but rather homely and familiar.

Once they get to her house, Brett opened the door to the passengers side once he got out of the car. Belle linked their arms together before ringing the doorbell, they were both holding boxes of oranges for the party. Mrs Chen opened the door alongside of Mrs Yang. They were friends because of how their families have known each other since forever.

"Oh, I never knew you were the date, Brett." Mrs Chen said, quite surprised.

"Yes, auntie, but here we are." Brett laughed softly and Belle subtly elbows him.

They enter the house and they see a lot of their family members just talking to each other and catching up. Brett and Eddy's eyes met but Eddy immediately avoided his gaze. Eddy was a bit pained when he saw his sister and his sister's best friend, hand in hand with each other. Brett found this quite adorable.

Brett never really made a move on Eddy, knowing that Belle will kill him. Eddy likes Brett but he knows that his sister would never allow them to date. Belle's overprotective that way but she really just didn't want to make everything awkward for the three of them. She entertained the idea and maybe it wouldn't be too bad. As long as they would be happy and really end up together, she would be, too.

They part ways when they are done meeting their other older, extended family members. They interact with cousins but Brett suddenly gets bored. He decides to come to the Chen's balcony to grab some of his energy back. He was an extrovert but it gets exhausting interacting with many people.

He has a wine glass half-empty as he goes out on the balcony. To his surprise, Eddy Chen was already there, crying. He set his glass down by the table and approach the younger man. He tapped Eddy's shoulder and asked the younger man.

"Hey, what's wrong? Why are you crying, Eddy?" Brett asked gently.

"Go away. It's none of your business." Eddy said, dismissing the fact that he did need someone.

"It kinda is, especially if you're here alone." Brett said, moving next to him to remove the tears streaming down Eddy's face.

"Why do you care, anyway? Shouldn't you be with Belle?" Eddy said, facing the other way to avoid Brett's curious and beautiful eyes.

"I mean, she's talking to your cousins, I don't think she needs me now." Brett said honestly.

"She's your girlfriend, of course she needs you..." Eddy said quietly, almost inaudible.

Brett starts to laugh and Eddy could feel himself getting red. Of course, his laugh was beautiful but Eddy cannot bear to listen anymore. He moves away from Brett a bit.

"Why are you laughing? It's not funny." Eddy said defensively.

"Well, your sister's not my girlfriend. That's gross, she's like my sister now. I don't see you like a brother, though." Brett said, getting closer to the younger man. "It's because I like you. Like actually like you." Brett added, hugging the younger man from behind.

"You do?"

"Yes!"

"What am I crying about, then?"

"I don't know. You're being overdramatic, just like when we were kids."

"I was not dramatic. I just wanted to hang out with you..." Eddy admitted honestly.

"Aww, you're so cute, you know that?" Brett said, nuzzling his face on Eddy's back. "Turn around so I could wipe your tears away." Brett added, the younger man succumbs to the request.

Brett cups his face with his hands and wipes Eddy's tears away with his thumbs. Eddy smiled at the gesture and Brett felt his heart melt. Brett smiled in return and softly pinched the younger's cheek after wiping them.

"Belle is going to kill me." Brett admitted, laughing softly at the thought.

"Definitely. I mean, you are flirting with his younger brother when you guys are supposed to be on a date." Eddy said, sharing Brett's soft laughs.

"Can I kiss you?" Brett asked, hands still not leaving Eddy's face.

"Of course you can." Eddy said, placing his hands on the back of Brett's neck.

Brett slowly and softly stroked the apples of Eddy's cheek before allowing their foreheads to touch. He leaned in and gently placed a tender kiss on the younger's lips. The younger felt his hands go down and rest on Brett's chest. After a while, Brett pulled away from the kiss.

"We are so screwed when Belle finds out." Eddy said, giggling as he traced patterns on Brett's chest with his finger.

"Let's just make sure that she doesn't find out, then." Brett said, hands now resting on Eddy's shoulders.

"I already know, idiots."