XXVIII. five early pieces by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky

Brett Yang and Eddy Chen finally got married. Of course, there were hardships before they got married. These are the five problems.

warnings: expletives, minor angst, but really fluffy

Third Person POV

I. People, especially Asian relatives, always ask them who is going to be the husband and who is going to be the wife.

If Brett and Eddy counted the times they were asked this question, they could basically count their family members and distant relatives combined.

Of course, their parents were aware of their relationship since Brett asked for both their parents' blessing to propose to Eddy. He was left alone to deal with the dreaded question.

"So, Brett, you're about to get married, who will act as the wife among you two?" Mr. Chen asked in Mandarin seriously and Brett was confused.

Brett cleared his throat and respectfully said.

"Uncle, we are both men, so no one will be the wife. We're husbands." Brett said calmly.

"Aiyah, we know that lah, but who is the one who puts the thing in the other person?" Brett's mom said in Mandarin and Brett instantly grew bright red at his mom's vulgarity.

"Mama, I'd rather not say. I don't want to embarrass Eddy." Brett said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Ah, so that means Eddy is receiving." Mrs. Chen said in Mandarin as their parents all laughed together.

"Take care of your lovely 'wife', Bo Yao." Brett's dad said in Mandarin as he patted Brett on the back.

Brett has never been red his entire life.

The time that Eddy had to deal with it alone is when he is with cousins that are both younger and older than him.

Eddy was showing his cousins the engagement ring that Brett gave him.

"So, Eddy, who's gonna be the husband and who's gonna be the wife?" Jenny, one of Eddy's younger cousins who was 15, asked Eddy the question.

Eddy sighs on the inside, forces a smile and calmly said.

"There would be no wife, Jenny. Brett and I will be husbands."

"I know, but who's the giver and who's the receiver?" Jenny asked while looking up at Eddy innocently.

Eddy could feel his cheeks fire up and before he could open his mouth, James, a cousin older than him said:

"Brett's obviously the giver. I mean, have you seen our Eddy here? He's such a power bottom." James chuckled and Eddy knew that his cheeks are getting redder.

"That's true James, but it seems like they equally give and receive." Emily, a cousin that's a year younger than him, roared with laughter.

"So, which one is it, Eddy? Is James or Emily correct?" Jenny asked, still looking at him with innocent eyes.

"I hate you guys." Eddy said as he pouted.

Eddy hated to admit it but that made him more flustered than anything else. Brett was an exception, though. Eddy hated to admit it but James might be right.

They never told each other the story as of the moment, but their Asian family will probably remind one of the other's experience at some point.

II. Eddy's mom accidentally invited an old flame for a family dinner.