XXXIV. waltz no. 2 by Dmitri Shostakovich

Brett Yang doesn't know how to dance waltz. He asks help from a female friend, aka Hilary Hahn. Eddy Chen sees the practice and can't help but marvel at the boy who's trying to learn because he requested it. Oh, did I mention that he was a bit jealous, too?

warnings: expletives, fluff and a very jealous and proud boyfriend Eddy.

Third Person POV

Everybody knew that Eddy and Brett were talented violinists. What they don't know is their secret talents. Brett can sing, Eddy couldn't deny that. He rarely sings because Brett never really listened to music with words. He'd usually just hum passages of repertoire he's learning when cooking or doing the laundry. Eddy always indulges in the moments where Brett would sing him to sleep.

As for Eddy? Eddy is good at dancing. It doesn't matter whether it's ballroom dances or hip-hop. He could easily come up with steps or follow steps by simply observing the dance. It's not uncommon for Brett to see his boyfriend dance. He marvels at how graceful the younger one really is.

So, when Eddy requests that they dance waltz for his birthday, Brett has no choice but to learn it for his boyfriend. He wants it to be a surprise, so he learns basic waltz steps with Hilary Hahn.

"Hilary, I feel like I can't do it." Brett said, sighing at the fact that he can't the basic waltz step.

"Brett, you're doing this for Eddy's birthday. You can't give up." Hilary said, reminding Brett of the reason why he's learning the dance on the first place. "Come on, Brett let's try again. I'll talk you through it."

Brett and Hilary were facing each other.

"First, you have to learn how to hold Eddy. You have to open your right palm for him to place his left hand. Like this." Hilary said, guiding Brett's hand and placing her hand on top of his.

"That's good. Now, you have to learn where exactly to place your left hand. The ideal is the middle of the upper back. You place it there and he will place his hand on your shoulders, like this." Hilary guided his hand again. "Raise your elbow and support his. It's for chivalry's sake." Hilary added, laughing at the comment.

When they were in the right position, Hilary walks Brett through the steps.

"Okay, so now, you should take the lead. I'll show you the steps. First, put your right foot forward and I'll put my left foot back." Brett followed slowly. "Good, now use your other foot to slowly slide into your left side. Put your left foot back and I'll put my right foot forward." Hilary said, taking the lead. "That's good, now you use your right foot to slide back to where we were a while ago and we repeat." Brett nodded and did exactly what she said.

"Okay, now let's do it with counting. As you know, waltz meter. One, two, three and two, two, three and three, two, three. Follow that counting." Hilary said, counting for the two of them.

After that, Brett was overjoyed when he finally got the box waltz step.

"Finally, I got it right!" Brett beamed with joy as Hilary smiles at the delighted boy. "Now, how do we do it when I want us to move?" He added.

"It should be the same, except you aren't staying in place. Here, let's practice." Hilary said, showing Brett again.

What Hilary and Brett didn't see is how Eddy caught a glimpse of their practice session from the room. The door was t properly closed so he saw. He stopped on his tracks for a good few minutes to look at Brett. He saw how tired yet determined the boy was.

Eddy can't help but feel proud and loved by his boyfriend. He knew that not only Brett couldn't dance, but Brett also hated dancing. So, seeing that made Eddy's heart melt. He can't believe that this man would always do his best for him.

He observes Hilary and Brett dancing together. If you didn't know either of them, Brett and Hilary would look like a couple. I mean, Hilary looked as young as Brett. He saw how they were laughing together and Eddy felt a squeeze in his heart.

Eddy knows the emotion too well. He doesn't know why he's jealous because Hilary Hahn already has a husband and is way too old for Brett. Eddy also knows that Brett loves him too much. Brett had been in love with Eddy for years, even before Eddy had discovered his feelings for the older man. Brett always talked about how lucky he is to finally have Eddy as his boyfriend.

After that, Eddy never took Brett for granted and did his best to make up for the years that Brett felt unrequited love. Sure, Eddy acted spoiled sometimes but Brett loves spoiling him anyway. Eddy feels complete with Brett by his side.

Eddy silently closed the door and smiled. He knows that he will have a great birthday knowing that his love did everything to follow his request. Eddy can't help but fall for Brett even more.