XXI. ständchen, d. 957, no. 4 by Franz Schubert

Brett Yang asks Eddy Chen what his perfect date would be a few years ago, before they were even together. Eddy forgot about the question, but Brett never did. Eddy is surprised and falls more for Brett.

warnings: expletives, just pure fluff

Third Person POV

flashback

"Eddy, I have a question."

"Shoot."

"What's your perfect date?"

"I don't have an exact thing in mind, but a homemade dinner and wine would be the best thing. It's up to them what happens afterwards."

"Ooh, kinky."

"Shut up, Brett."

end of flashback

Brett felt as though he was twenty again, in his bedroom with Eddy. Brett has liked Eddy for so long, so when he got the chance to take him out on a date, Brett does so. Of course, he follows suit with Eddy's perfect date.

He starts off with cooking the rice. Brett knows all too well that Eddy can't handle European cuisine. He wasn't foreign to cooking, he was raised by his mom to cook. It helped that he lived alone a few years ago in Sydney. Brett has a bottle of the best red wine he could find.

Brett starts off easy with Asian stir-fry. The vegetables he used was Chinese cabbage, watercress chestnuts, carrots, a little bit of garlic and onions. After he prepared the vegetables, he starts off with sesame oil in the pan and when it's heated up, he adds the garlic, onion, cabbage, watercress chestnuts and carrots. He seasons it with a bit of salt and oyster sauce. He lets the vegetables soften a bit and starts to cook sesame chicken.

After an hour and a half, Brett was proud of what he cooked for their date. Eddy was coming over soon and Brett was nervous. He went to the bathroom to fix his hair and clothes. He added a couple of sprays of his cologne. Brett heard the doorbell ring and immediately opened it.

He saw Eddy in a casual yet stylish outfit. He smiled as Eddy entered the house.

"What's the plan, Brett?" Eddy asked with curiosity.

"Dinner here, with wine and store bought desserts." Brett said.

"Asian cuisine?"

"Of course."

"God, you know me so well."

"Definitely."

They both walked to the dining room and Eddy was surprised at the scene. There were candles, Brett's light was a bit dim and the atmosphere was overall romantic. Eddy didn't know how Brett somehow knew what his perfect day was. Eddy sat down in the seat in front of him and smiled as Brett prepared the dinner.

The dinner wasn't boring. Despite being with each other everyday, they still had a lot to talk about. An example is a new manga or anime interest and sometimes, they even talk about what they've practiced and what they've improved on. It wasn't different now that they were dating. It's still the same, but the extra affections make it more beautiful.

Brett wanted to keep the Asian cuisine, so for dessert, he chose mochi ice cream. It's matcha and red bean flavored. Both were obsessed with it ever since they tried it in Japan. Eddy smiled as they continued the conversation. Eddy held Brett's hand as they ate and drank together. Surprisingly, never running out of things to talk about.

They didn't expect it to be nine pm by the time they finished their food and the bottle of wine. None of the boys were drunk, they were just a bit tipsy. Brett set everything they've used aside and decided to clean it tomorrow.

As soon as Brett was done with putting the plates away, Eddy grabbed his hand so they could cuddle on the couch together. They were a bit sleepy from the wine but it wasn't that bad. Both liked the sensation of warmth that it brings them.

They just stayed there, cuddled on the couch, half on top of each other. They had no particular goal, so they just held each other close and talked about whatever they could talk about. Eddy suddenly remembered to ask Brett about how he knew his perfect date.

"Brett?" Eddy asked as he buried his hands on his boyfriend's waist.

"Hmm?" Brett asked with his eyes closed and hands on Eddy.

"How did you know that this was my ideal date?" Eddy asked as he intertwined one of their hands together.

Brett sighs and his eyes are still closed. He moves on top of Eddy and opened his eyes. Directly looking at Eddy's eyes.

"I asked you years ago. In uni, I think I was twenty and you were nineteen." Brett stated as he threaded his fingers through the younger's hair with his free hand.

"You actually remembered? Dude, that was like eight years ago now." Eddy said, a slight amusement and amazement mixed in his tone.

"I mean, I've always loved you. It's just a bonus that you loved me back." Brett said as he leaned his head on the crook of Eddy's neck.

Eddy uses his free hand to lift Brett's head up a little. He puts his head up and envelopes the older into a gentle yet passionate kiss. Brett, after a few moments, took control of the pace and kissed Eddy harder and even more passionately. Eddy moans as Brett slightly tugs on his hair.

Brett uses the opportunity to snake his tongue in Eddy's mouth. Tasting remnants of green tea and wine combined together. A little bit of the taste was sweet, nothing could match it and Brett knows all too well that it's Eddy's own and unique taste.

Eddy can't do anything but melt under the sensation of his lover on top of him. Kissing him as of he won't be able to do so again. He laces their hands together and Brett pulled away. They were both panting and Brett removed one of their intertwined hands and put it on Eddy's cheek.

Eddy put his free hand on Brett's. Both smile at each other and whispered the words "I love you." that sounds sweeter than Franck's violin and piano sonata.

Eddy had the greatest date of his life while Brett was just happy to satisfy his younger boyfriend.