LVIII. valse sentimentalé by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky

How does Brett Yang and Eddy Chen-Yang spend time with their child, Julian Chen-Yang when he's at a phase where he hates almost everything (emo phase)? Will he realize that his family is the best thing he could ever have?

dedicated to the lovely ATwosetFan (she's awesome af and encouraged me to publish these one-shots just sitting on my drafts. go check her fics out, she's very good at writing)

warnings: expletives, small angst but fluff

Third Person POV

"Papa, stop it! I'm not a kid anymore. I can handle myself!" Julian Chen-Yang said as Brett Yang was buttoning his shirt up. "I don't get why I have to go to this concert thing anyway. It's not like I'm a classical musician." He huffed again, removing Brett's hand on the buttons of his shirt.

"I know you're not a classical musician but it would mean so much for me and your dad for you to go. We want you to meet one of our favorite violinists. This is Hilary Hahn we're talking about." Brett coaxed Julian. "Hilary Hahn had been our inspiration back when were studying in University. She was one of the reasons why I wanted to be a soloist." Brett added.

"But you're not a soloist now, aren't you Papa? Why not?" His tone half curious and half condescending.

"Honey, I'm not a soloist because if I became one, I wouldn't be where I am now. I love being with your dad and you. Even if I was given the opportunity now, I'd rather continue YouTube with your dad. I love you too much to let you guys go." Brett said honestly, kissing Julian's cheek.

"Papa, don't do that. You're embarrassing me." Julian said with annoyance, wiping his cheek.

"Sorry, I got carried away. It isn't bad to express my love for you, is it?" Brett said, pinching the teenager's cheek lightly.

"Not when I'm fourteen, pa." Julian sighed. Brett chuckled lightly.

"You guys ready to go?" Asked Eddy.

"Yup, we'll be late if we don't go now." Brett said, kissing his husband's cheek.

"Ewwww."

The husbands laugh together as they walk to the car. The ride wasn't as long as what they had intended. When they left the car, Julian started to talk to his dad.

"Dad, since you're not as strict as Papa, can I not go?" Julian asked.

"Baby, as much as I want to give in to you, this is important for me and Brett. Besides, Hilary is amazing and we haven't seen her live in ages!" Eddy remarked.

"Fine, but you owe me one, dad." Julian said grumpily. "I could be home and playing video games, or practicing." He added.

"You wouldn't practice if we aren't around. Me and your pa have eyes everywhere, you know." Eddy said, kidding.

"Says the ones who has glasses." Julian kids back.

"That's why it makes sense if we have four eyes each." Eddy said, laughing at his joke.

Julian didn't say anything more as they enter the concert hall. This wasn't the first time he had went to concerts with his parents. In fact, it was so common for them to go but Julian didn't feel like it at the moment. He didn't even feel bad for saying all the things he did.

They took their seats and Eddy was in the middle. Only because Julian said that he didn't want to be next to Eddy. He didn't know why he had this loathing for Brett, maybe it's because he was too much like him when he was younger. Of course, Julian wouldn't know that. He always saw his father as the quiet yet caring father. Eddy was the one he could open up to.