XVI. introduction et rondo capriccioso by Camille Saint-Saëns

Brett Yang and Eddy Chen always have sleepovers. It breaks Brett heart every time they do it because he knows that Eddy doesn't love him like that. Eddy just sees him as a best friend, but will that change?

warnings: expletives, semi-nsfw, angst but fluffy ending

Brett's POV

It was a tradition that me and Eddy started when we were young. Despite having strict parents, we were allowed to have sleepovers because apparently they're both boys. They thought nothing bad could come out of that, but they thought wrong.

Because I am in love with my childhood best friend, Eddy Chen, for a long long time now.

It's normal to always want your best friend around you, but what isn't normal is the fact that you want them more than that. You want them to constantly touch you, or hug you, or when you're walking and you want them to hold your hand, or when you're alone and you just want them to kiss you. I know. It's not normal to see your best friend like that.

It's almost okay. I can contain these feelings as long as I don't spend too much time with him alone. Not in these types of situation where we'd do our traditional sleepovers.

So, this is how our night starts.

We're currently in my bedroom, alone in my house. I don't know how he can handle it.

Probably cause he thinks I'm like a brother.

He was lying down on my bed, using his phone. Probably laughing at some meme he saw. I take a deep breath and avoid letting my eyes linger on too long. I sat on the foot of the bed, trying to be as far away from him as possible. He notices this and gets closer to me.

I wonder if he knows what he does to me.

He sits up next to me, his head resting on my shoulders. I ignore my pounding heart and pet him on the head. We don't have to talk to communicate and we don't have to do anything to hang out. There are just certain things that are implied but never mentioned.

Being in love with him is one of those things.

I don't tell him but show him. I hope he knows it.

"What do you want to do?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"I mean, it's a bit too weird to ask for but can you like, I don't know, brush my hair." He asked, a bit shy about the request.

I feel my throat dry up. I mean, I always imagined running my hands through his hair but not this way. In a way more filthy that you could imagine.

"Yeah, sure. It's not that weird." I said as I stand up to grab my hairbrush from the table near us.

I sat back down on the bed as he sat on on the floor. I hesitantly brush his hair back with my fingers and ran the brush through his hair. His hair felt better than I had ever imagined. It was soft, silky and something else. Maybe it's just a touch of Eddy. I kinda want to tug on it.

It takes a lot of self-control to not do so.

I watch the strands leave and return to my fingers. It's actually breathtaking to look at and feel. He hums in content, probably liking the feeling. This went on for a few minutes and I can't help but imagine if this was another situation.

Another situation where Eddy was still in the same position but facing him. Lips wrapped around me and my fingers still in his hair. Eyes looking up at me innocently. Tugging on his hair a little.

Before my thoughts escalate too far, I finished up brushing his hair. Every good thing must come to an end, after all. I lie down on the bed and close my eyes. He wants us to be friends forever but I can think of something better. I sigh as I could feel the ache bloom in my chest.