Chapter 60

Killian wasted no time and grabbed my wrist, and just as quickly, I grabbed his thumb and twisted it backward, making him hiss as the force made him let go of my hand. I threw a jab his way to hit his throat, but his hand stopped me quickly, and in one maneuver, he twisted my arm behind my back, slamming me up against the front door. I growled when he tightened his grip and pressed himself against my back.

"Really, Scarlett? Maybe I should start training you after all." Killian chuckled, and I gritted my teeth in annoyance. 

"Fuck you." I hissed, my words muffled from the door. He let me go, and I rubbed my shoulder, turning around to face him. "Yes, train me as I asked, and then maybe I'll be able to be on your level." 

Killian laughed at my words, wiping an invisible tear from his eyes. "No matter how hard you train, you'll never be on my level." 

I titled my head and shrugged. "Challenge accepted. Now, back to Chase. Going to him without a plan just because you want to get your way is just plain stupid. Stop and think about what your actions will cause and try to realize that there is a better way. We wait, find the perfect opportunity to capture him, and take him back to the warehouse." I explained to him, and he shoved his hand through his hair, gripping the curls in obvious frustration. 

"Who says I don't have a plan? Grab the target, bring him back here, interrogate him, try not to kill him in the process." Killian shrugged like it was that simple. I scoffed and shook my head, walking away from the door.

"Fine. If you're going, then I'm going too. When do we leave?" I stopped in front of the stairs, crossing my arms. Killian's jaw clenched, and he glared at me until finally sighing. 

"Right now."

***

"I'm guessing you didn't fully think of a plan before coming out here, did you?" I raised a brow at Killian, who still hadn't left the car. We had been sitting in the parking lot for over twenty minutes now, and I was beginning to think that he didn't have a clue as to how he was actually going to capture Chase. Hunter.

"I do have a plan. I'm just waiting." he finally spoke after a minute of complete silence. I honestly thought he was going to continue ignoring me. 

"What are you waiting for? How much longer do we have to wait?" I tapped my fingers on the armrest in between us, anxious for him to make a move. Instead of parking on the side in the front of the building like we did the other times, Killian parked in the back of the building, where the cars were sparse. It made me even more on edge because I felt like we were standing out, and I was not too fond of it. 

"Be patient. This takes time to execute, okay?"

I rolled my eyes and stared him down. "You could at least tell me what my role is here." 

He finally glanced my way and raised a brow as he chuckled, turning his attention back to the building. "You're not going anywhere near this building. You'll stay in the car and be on the lookout. I'm going in alone."

"Absolutely not. I didn't come here just to warm these old seats. I came so that I could help you out since you were being impatient and would probably be reckless while trying to capture Chase." 

He didn't look at me again, but he shook his head. "You're not coming with me, and that's final. Now, stay here. I'm going in." 

I opened my mouth to protest, but he was already getting out of the car. I huffed and sat back in my seat, glaring at his retreating back. Staying in the car was not what I planned to do when I decided to come with him. What if he needs help? He didn't even set up any type of communication so that I could at least help from the car. I watched him closely as he strolled as if he had all the time in the world, and then he disappeared through the back doors. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding and glanced around the parking lot. It was a little darker in this back area than it was in the front, mainly because of the trees that were a few feet away from the parking lot. I kept a lookout as he told me to, but soon, I grew bored. 

No one was going in the building or coming out of it. He was the only one for the past ten minutes to even be back here. Did the employees not use this back entrance? Interesting. That made me question whether or not I should stay back here. But then, if I move the car, with no way to communicate with Killian to tell him what I did, he wouldn't know where I went. I sighed and started tapping on the armrest again, trying to calm my nerves. What was taking him so long? I was starting to fidget, and I really wanted to go inside and see what was happening. But then what if I get lost in the building looking for him, and then he comes back out, and I'm not there? There were too many variables, and I couldn't find an answer that suited both me and Killian. I mean, since he was trying to capture Chase/Hunter, that meant he would probably go up to his office to see if he was there...right? That would only make sense.

I gritted my teeth at how annoyed I was with Killian. He could've at least told me his plan. I sat there in the car, in the parking lot, just going on and on about the different possibilities and what Killian should've done for the next twenty minutes. At this point, it had been thirty minutes, and I was tired of waiting. I couldn't stand it any longer. I looked around the area before slowly stepping out of the car, embracing the wind that blew on me. I grabbed the keys and locked the doors before I started walking toward the building. It felt unsafe walking in the almost empty parking lot, so I clutched the keys tightly in my hand, making sure one was between my middle finger and ring finger. I didn't have any other weapons. I continued walking quickly and was almost to the door when I heard tires screech behind me. 

Before I could turn, something struck me, and pain ignited in the back of my head. My vision splotched with black spots until darkness quickly consumed me.