Chapter 6

His house was exactly how I thought it would be. It was large, but not massive, definitely bigger than someone on a teachers salary could afford. Where did he get his extra money from? Was he an investor? A very strategic person with a massive savings? I wanted, no, needed to know. 

I just finished writing in my journal, documenting everything that happened today and only stopped because I could hear Killian's footsteps upstairs, indicating that he was out of the shower. I was currently sitting in his living room, on one of the plush black velvet couches that sat in front of a large industrial fireplace. His house was very cozy, the air blowing from the vent making me relax, getting comfortable. The living room was very dark, the only bright color a painting above the fireplace of a red rose. I liked this though, it's very mysterious. Just like its owner. 

What was his plan for me tonight? I feel like it was no accident that he brought me here to his house, though on the ride here we got more comfortable with each other, so he could've been distracted. But no, Killian is a calculated man. There was no way this was an accident. I didn't mind, now I have an excuse to ask him to come to his house in the future. 

I waited on the couch for a couple of minutes before I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I glanced up and sucked in a breath. Killian was coming down the stairs, post shower sheen covering his naked torso. That torso, oh my. It was sculpted by the gods and they made sure to take their sweet time. Each ab was perfectly carved into his tan skin and the planes of his traps were elevated beautifully, each muscle in his arms flexing at every movement. I could finally see where his dragon tattoo ended, it wrapped around his right arm, disappearing over his shoulder and went up the side of his neck, the mouth stopping in the crook of his neck, jaws wide open like it was biting it. 

Creative. 

My eyes traveled with him as he made his way to the table in the small area next to the living room area I was sitting at, a fat stack of papers in his arms. But I wasn't paying attention to that right now. It was the deep grooves of his v-line that disappeared into his black sweatpants, the only article of clothing he was wearing. 

Was it even legal for someone to wear sweatpants so dangerously low? It shouldn't be because maybe then I would be able to breathe properly. He turned and placed the stack of papers on the glossy maroon table, showing me his back muscles and I almost passed out when my eyes stopped at his back dimples. Oh my, his back dipped deliciously, I almost drooled. I licked my lips and locked eyes with him when he faced me. He didn't say a word as he raised his hand up, a lone finger curling at me, beckoning me forward. I got up with no hesitation, like a string was pulling me his way. 

I stood in front of him, close enough to set my body on fire, but with enough space that I wasn't being a creep. I couldn't help taking in the close up view I had of his body and even inhaled the spicy scent of his body wash, or was it his shampoo? His hair had a wet look to it, curls stringy and fanning his shoulders, but they weren't wet. I wanted so badly to run my hands through them, but again, creepy. My eyes traveled to his lips and they were moving. Was he speaking to me?

"Huh?" I blinked a couple of times to get out of my daydream that had me so incredibly hot, it was uncomfortable. His brows dipped.

"Pay attention Scarlett." He ordered, eyes filled with annoyance. I leaned back, raising a brow.

"You're distracting me. Put on a shirt." I threw back at him, crossing my arms.

"I'm not putting on a shirt."

"Then I will continue to be distracted, Killian." I emphasized his name, dropping my arms and letting my eyes roam his body slowly, until I reached his eyes again. His jaw ticked and he turned to the stack of papers on the table.