Chapter 69

"Remember the plan. We are only going after Chase tonight, and we need him alive, got it? Make sure your comms stay on." Row whispered, his voice coming through from the comms in my ear. 

"Got it," I whispered, adjusting my dress.

"Got it," Killian spoke, and I glanced to see him on the other side of the casino, leaning against the bar. He looked delicious in the suit that hugged him in all the right places. It was an obnoxious suit, though, a teal blue color for the suit jacket and pants. But he made it look so good. He was wearing a black bowtie with it and black shoes. I was wearing a sparkly yellow dress that flowed down to my feet, almost covering them. On my feet were uncomfortable heels that were silver and sparkly as well. There was only one thick strap on this dress that went across my left shoulder. 

Levi tracked Chase to this casino, which was why we were here, dressed up. You couldn't enter this casino in regular clothes. You would be turned around at the door. You had to basically have money coming out of your ears, or at least dress the part, to even be considered. 

"Do you have eyes on him?" I mumbled to myself, knowing that Killian could hear me loud and clear. I smiled at other guests as I walked by, trying to look normal.

"Not yet. Give me a second." Killian responded. I looked around for a spot to sit so I could properly look around and came across another bar. I walked up to it and smiled at the bartender. I ordered the first drink I saw on the menu and sat down, turning around to scout out the area. People were having fun, it seemed like, slot machines were going off, laughter filling the air. Cigar smoke filled the area I was sitting in, but it didn't cloud my vision. 

"I don't see him anywhere. You sure this is the right place?" I asked, squinting around the place. There were so many people here, but I still didn't see Chase. 

"Yes, I'm sure it's the right place. Let me double-check though, and try to give you a more exact location." Levi spoke, and I heard the clacking of his fingers on a keyboard. I turned around and faced the bartender, thanking him for the drink he just placed in front of me. It looked fruity, and I took a sip, berry flavor bursting on my tongue. It was actually good. 

"I didn't peg you for a fruity drink type of woman. I would think more hard liquor. I guess I was wrong." An accented voice spoke beside me, and I glanced to see who he was speaking to and froze, my hand squeezing the glass that was in my hand. 

Archer sat down next to me, grabbing a prepped cigar and lighting it. His fingers were long and strong as he placed the cigar between his finger, which also had black rings on them. One on his pointer finger, the other on his middle finger. All of the anger I suppressed hit me all at once, and I fought the urge to slit his throat with the knife that was strapped to my thigh. 

"Archer." I scrunched my nose up in disgust as he turned my way, blowing his cigar smoke in my face. I waved my hand around, clearing the smoke. He smirked lazily and leaned against the bar, eyes raking in my outfit. He was wearing an all gray suit, and his short hair was gelled back stylishly. 

"I see your face healed nicely. You look stunning." His eyes stopped at my chest, and I fought the urge to smack that carnal look on his face. 

"I got Chase's location. He's on his way to the hotel in the casino." 

I had to ignore the call. "You can take your compliment and shove it up your ass," I growled, standing up. He stood up with me, towering over me. Dominance flowed from him as he stared me down, piercing gray eyes filled with humor. 

"Can I request that you help me with that deed?" he smirked when I frowned and reached down, tucking a stray hair of mine behind my ear.

"Fuck you." I pushed past him, but he grabbed my arm, stopping me.