Chapter 73

"What do you mean there's virtually no way to track them? They can't just disappear. They had to have left even a little clue. Something." I threw my arms up in the air, and Levi shrugged, shaking his head. 

"I'm sorry, Scarlett. There's virtually nothing. And now that I have to reprogram my entire system, it'll be even harder to find them." He looked sorry, and I sighed, feeling a little bad.

"No, it's okay. You're doing your best. It's my fault anyway that they both got away, so I'm sorry for making your job even harder." I apologized for the situation for the first time, which had Killian raising his brows and mouthing wow while he air clapped. I rolled my eyes but smirked at him. 

"Actually, if it weren't for you going after Archer, you wouldn't have figured out that there was a breach in my system, and they would've intercepted every plan we had. So, thank you." he smiled, and I nodded.

"No problem. So, what now? We just sit here and wait for your system to be ready again?" I asked, sitting down in the chair next to him. We were all gathered in the warehouse, trying to figure out our next moves. 

"Oh heavens no. That would be way too long of a wait. I actually found something that could help us." He turned to his computer and typed something on it before turning back to me. "See this right here?" He pointed to his screen, and I leaned in, squinting my eyes to see what he was showing me. 

"Yeah, it looks like a list of some sort. It's really small though, I can't tell exactly what it is." I answered, leaning back into my chair. 

"It's a list of the people that work for Chase and Archer," Killian spoke from behind me, and I looked up to see him peering at the screen, not even squinting. 

"How are you able to see that?" I asked, looking at the screen again but still seeing something the resembled a grocery list. I looked back up at him to see him shrugging. 

"That's right, Killian. I intercepted it as I was reprogramming. It seems they left this here by accident, which is perfect for us." Levi looked excited at his finding, and I smiled.

"Nice one, Levi. We can use this list to track them down and eventually find Chase and Archer. Do we know who on this list is the most important? I would assume they would know the most about their plans and would probably even be near their location." I suggested, and he nodded. 

"I like the idea. Do you know how long it would take you to track down, let's say, the first five people on that list?" Killian asked, sitting down next to me. I turned to Levi, waiting for his answer. He looked deep in thought, squinting his eyes in the air. His mouth started moving, but no sound left his lips. 

"Probably about five hours, I think? I could spend an hour on each, which would be more than enough time. They wouldn't be as tight with their security, and I could even figure out who's the most important from how hard it is to hack their networks." He seemed very excited about that, and I chuckled, standing up. 

"Well, it looks like we have somewhat of a plan ready, so let's get started. Killian and I will figure out what we need to do in the meantime." 

Levi nodded, turning back to his computer. Killian stood up as well, and we walked out of the warehouse, back into the house part. I went into the kitchen to look for something to eat because I was starving. 

"We're going to interrogate them and, depending on how hostile they are, put them down. Are you okay with that?" Killian asked me as I pulled out a tuna sandwich that was in the fridge. I pulled the wrapping off of it and moaned when the bread touched my tongue. Food was so good, I could literally sit and eat forever. "Did you hear what I said?" Killian waved his hand in my face, and I nodded quickly, swallowing the food in my mouth.