Chapter 75

The woman was driving fast, and I itched to get behind her, but I did as Killian suggested and stayed a few cars behind her. I continued to track her and soon, there were no more cars to keep our vehicles separated. When we were directly behind her, she glanced in her mirror and we made eye contact. I wasn't sure how she knew, but she knew that I was following her. Her eyes narrowed and her car sped up. She turned right sharply and I did the same, mashing the gas. She was speeding down the long stretch of road, and I was right behind her.

"How does she know?" I asked, glancing in my mirrors. 

"I don't know, but be careful and don't lose her," Killian spoke, pointing in front of him. She swerved into different lanes and I continued to follow her movements, not wanting to lose her. She continued this for the next two minutes and I was getting tired of the chase. I jerked the car so that I was in the lane next to her. 

"What are you doing? Stay behind her before you lose her!" Killian yelled, gripping the side of the car door. 

"No, I won't lose her. Just trust me." I turned the wheel and nicked the side of her car before moving back into my lane. 

"Scarlett, what the fuck!" Killian shouted when I did it again and I laughed as her car swerved. "Stop, you're going to-" Killian's words were cut off when I slowed drastically and swerved into the lane she was in, before speeding up enough to crash into the back of her car, and it went flying. She drove off the side of the road into the grass and her brakes squealed and her car only stopped when it hit a brick wall. I slowed the car down and parked a few feet away. I huffed and took my hands off the wheel, so much adrenaline flowing through me that they were shaking. I looked at Killian, whose eyes were wide and he was shaking his head. I clenched my hands into fists before hopping out of the car. I pulled my gun out and pointed it at the smoking car as I walked toward it. There was coughing coming from the car and when I reached it, I aimed it at the black-haired woman sitting in the driver's seat. She glared up at the gun as I pointed it in her face. 

"Hi there. Looks like something might be wrong with your car." I smiled at her and her nostrils flared. 

"Fuck you, lady. Do your worst, I won't be talking," she growled and I shrugged, slamming the butt of my gun into her face. She hissed, her skin on her cheek bleeding. Before I could do anything else, I was pulled backward and Killian stood in front of me. He yanked the damaged door open and unbuckled the woman before yanking her out of the car. He gave me a sideye before walking back to the car. I followed him and he shoved the target in the back of the car, handcuffing one of her wrists to the ceiling of the car. 

"I'm driving this time." He went to the driver's seat and I didn't even argue with him. I had my fun already. It was thrilling. Killian drove the speed limit on the way back, at least it felt like it compared to the reckless driving I was doing. We still made it back to the warehouse good time, and Killian dragged the target inside. She kept jerking her arms from his grip, but his grip was too strong. 

"Whoa, that was quick." Cleo was the first to speak as we entered the warehouse. 

"Courtesy of me." I smiled and she raised her brows. 

"Nice job." 

I followed Killian down to the basement where the holding cells were located. Khaos, the guard was there and he stood up from the desk when we walked in.

"This one can go in the biggest one. She's going to be here for a while for intense interrogation." Killian spoke to him and Khaos grunted, yanking the woman from Killian's grip. She growled and thrashed around, trying to get out of his grip, but it was no use. That didn't stop her though and that seemed to irritate Khaos. He stopped walking and punched her in the face. She immediately went limp in his arms and he dragged her body to the last cell on the right, unlocking it and tossed her inside. Yikes. Killian and I walked back upstairs and I stretched out my muscles, still in the mood to track down more targets.