Chapter 17

I haven't heard anything in days. Dilan still isn't here. I called the police like I said I would, anonymously of course, but she hasn't come back. I made sure to stay in the dorm as much as possible, even skipping class to make sure I didn't miss her coming back. That also means I haven't seen Killian since he tied me up in the closet. I wasn't sure if he was still teaching his classes or if he had someone filling in for him, but I needed to go to my classes before I started getting behind. I was kind of scared to go back to his classes, though I know he wouldn't do anything rash in front of everyone.

But still.

All of Dilan's boyfriends kept asking me about her whenever I would step foot out of the dorm room. I had to keep telling them I didn't know where she was, though I did. Well, I was assuming she's at Killian's house, but who knows now. 

After about a week, I finally decided to stop being a chicken and just go to class. 

Killian's class. 

Luckily, it was on a day I didn't teach for him, so I didn't have to worry about seeing him behind the scenes before and after class. I could just come in quietly and leave just as quiet. My heart was beating quickly in my chest and I stuffed my backpack with the books I would need for the class. Once I had everything I needed, I hesitated at the door. I felt like I was going to throw up and I haven't even seen his face yet. I hate that he was making me feel this way. I was stronger than this.

Taking in a deep breath, I walked out of my dorm room. I did't pay attention to anything or anyone around me. I was focused on not tripping and falling on my face. On what Killian's reaction would be to seeing me. What my reaction will be to seeing him.

When I made it to the building, I slowed my pace, fighting the urge to run out. I couldn't do that, plus the students crowding this area would think I'm crazy. I finally made it to the door and I stood there, not making any move to open it. I wasn't as early as I usually was, which I did on purpose, but there was still about twenty minutes left until class started. 

"Scarlett, what are you doing?"

I jumped at my name being called and quickly whirled around, coming face to face with Carrow. His eyes narrowed as he looked over my head and then back at me. 

"Um, I was just..." I tried to speak, but the words wouldn't cooperate with me and come out. I pointed at the door over my shoulder. He followed my finger.

"Are you trying to get inside? Is the door locked?" 

"No," The words were finally coming out of my mouth. "I was about to go in, but stopped. I'm just waiting a little longer." I explained, though it probably made no sense to him. The confused look on his face confirmed that.

"What are you waiting for?" He looked up at the door again, and then back at me, realization forming on his face. "You don't want Professor Arnault to see you. Does this have to do with the nonsense you were spewing the other night?" 

"It does, don't judge me. I can see it in your face. You can go in, I'll be out here a little longer." I shooed him away. 

"I think you might want to come in. Unless you plan on meeting him out here. He's been coming to class five minutes before it starts. Just letting you know." He shrugged and walked around me. I turned around quickly and followed him into the classroom, keeping my head down. I glanced out of the corner of my eye to see if Carrow was telling the truth. 

Killian was nowhere to be seen. 

He was telling the truth. Instead of sitting at the front like I usually do,  I opted for the very back middle. I could hide behind this tall guy sitting in front of me and hope that Killian doesn't see me. Carrow sat in the seat next to me. I scrunched my brows. He usually sat in the front. I gave him a face and he leaned my way.

"I want a front row seat to see how much he makes you squirm. Might as well enjoy this." He grinned at me as he leaned back into his chair. I wanted to rip his pretty little head off, but I was saving all of this emotion for Killian. I wanted payback for tying me up and pressing a knife against my throat. 

Pulling out my books, I glanced at the time and my heart started racing when there was only ten minutes left before class began, which means five minutes before Killian got here. I fiddled with my pen nervously. That didn't help me, so I opened up my notebook to a blank page and started writing. I wrote anything that came to my mind, no matter how random it was. I wasn't writing a story, I wasn't writing a journal entry, I was just writing. My mind needed to slow down and this was the only way for it to properly do that. 

I was so lost in my writing, I didn't even keep track of the time until I heard the door open. I looked up slowly and my breath caught in my throat. Why does he have to look so damn good? 

Killian walked in, wearing a dark purple turtle neck, paired with black slacks and black dress shoes. Stupid dress shoes. The turtleneck was tight against his body, showing off the muscles he definitely works hard to keep. 

I quickly sank down lower in my seat when I snapped out of it, remembering that I didn't want him to see me. I heard a soft chuckle and turned my head to see Carrow smiling at me in glee.