Chapter 92

"It's your birthday." 

I looked up sharply from adjusting my bulletproof vest to see Killian staring at me with squinted eyes. It was the next night, and we were getting ready to ambush the house I was tortured in. 

"How did you find that out?" I asked him, narrowing my eyes. My birthday was the last thing I wanted to think about. There was nothing special about it. I just turned a year older. Yay for twenty-three. He walked up to me and removed my hands from the vest, and adjusted it for me. He had his own vest on already, and I spotted his guns tucked in his waistband.

"You told me. It was a while ago, back when I was your professor, and you were my student." A smirk grew on his face as he continued to look down and adjust my vest. I tried to think of when I told him my birthday, but no memory came to mind. I tried my best not to dwell on the past and focus on the present and the future. I wasn't surprised, though, that I did indeed tell him back then. I was obsessed with him. 

"Well, I don't celebrate it, so don't make a big deal out of it," I mumbled, grabbing my guns when he was done with my vest. 

"December 31st. That's a powerful birthday. You turn a year older, and then the next day, the world starts fresh with a new year. I would celebrate the hell out of my birthday."

"Would you like to trade then?" I looked up to see him grinning, which made me shake my head but smile softly at the same time. 

"Absolutely," Killian answered, walking closer to me. He opened his mouth to speak again, but Row interrupted him. 

"You guys ready? Levi has the location of their safe house locked in the GPS and got a bigger vehicle as well. The bigger guns are in the trunk, and Levi will come with us but will stay in the vehicle." 

I nodded as Row updated us on everything. It was time. After making sure that I had my knives and guns strapped to my body, I went to the vehicle. Row was the driver, and I sat in the back with Cleo and Killian, going over the plan again.

"We can't storm the front because that's where most of the men will be located. The back and sides will probably be our best chance of entering without alerting everyone in the house. There were about four to five men stationed around the house, not including the front from what I can remember. So we should be able to take them down with no problem. After that, when we enter, we're on our own for the most part. Remember to keep your comms on and if you see Chase, let me know. He's mine." I glanced at Killian specifically when I said the last part because I knew he wanted to be the one to put Chase down, but I couldn't let him have that satisfaction. It was mine to have. Killian nodded, pressing his lips together. I nodded back at him and turned to Cleo. 

"Be careful and remember, I want you to be on the lookout for Archer. If we can kill two birds with one stone, why not." 

Cleo nodded at me, strapping her gun to her side. "Got it." 

"Levi, you'll be the one to make sure that our comms still work when we enter the house. When they're aware of our presence, they'll try to block us out. We can't afford not to be online." Killian reminded Levi, and he turned in his seat to look at us. 

"Don't you worry about comms. There won't even be a glitch. I'll be sure to shut down their server, though, which will make it easier for you guys so that no one can communicate within the house or even out of the house." 

"Perfect. I believe we're ready." I looked at all of them and nodded, thinking about the team. The team was strong, and I was stronger and tougher than I was before. My skills were highly improved, and my blood boiled at the thought of the men that put their hands on me. This was going to be fun.