Chapter 20

"I can't believe you've broken into his house before, this is so exhilarating!" Carrow said excitingly and I didn't even look his way, suppressing the urge to roll my eyes. 

"Dial down the enthusiasm before I leave you on the side of the road." 

He quickly shut his mouth, my car becoming quiet again. Why did I even bring him with me? This was such a stupid idea, I thought to myself as I drove the fastest route to Killian's house. Of course I knew why I brought him, I wanted someone as my witness, someone to know that I wasn't crazy. I also wanted to help Dilan, save her from the clutches of the brooding, masculine, mouthwatering man named Killian Arnault. I let out a breath and tried to get him off my mind before my body got hot. 

After a few minutes of silence, Carrow decided to speak again.

"So...are we almost-"

"We're here." I cut him off, parallel parking by Killian's house. I made sure to park a few feet away, just in case he decided to come home. I didn't want him seeing my car and catching me. I turned my car off, unbuckled, and turned to Carrow who was drumming his fingers on his thighs quickly, eyes darting back and forth from the street to the house. He was so nervous and couldn't even hide it. I was nervous too, but at least I didn't look like my head was about to explode. 

I shook my head and got out of my car, doing a quick sweep of the road. No one was on the road and I didn't hear any cars coming my way. I was already on his grass, walking to his backyard when I heard a car door open. I ducked, hiding in the shadows by the house and turned to see Carrow running from my car. My nostrils flared. 

"Sorry, so sorry. I was caught up in my thoughts and didn't even hear you leave and by the time I looked up, you were already so far away, I had to hurry." he rambled and I took in a deep breath to calm myself down. 

"Okay, shut up and don't do that again. Follow me and pay attention. We can't afford any mistakes. We are breaking into a house, do you understand?" I asked him, catching his wandering eyes. He nodded quickly and I turned back around, creeping to the window I got in from before. 

"Are you sure that we're safe and we won't get caught? Because I can't really afford to go to jail right now, I really want to finish school." 

I held a hand up, making him shut up.

"Killian has back to back classes today. He won't be coming here anytime soon. At least, he's not supposed to. Now, we're going to break into this window in front of us and then I'll let you know where we go from there. Got it?" I told him and he nodded, giving me a smile. 

The window was unlocked like last time, making me think about whether it was done on purpose or not, but I couldn't dwell on it, so I pushed it back in my mind. I made it through successfully, followed by Carrow who struggled a little bit, but made it. It was nice and bright in Killian's house and it looked alive, unlike when I was here at night. 

"Wow, we really broke into a house. You are so badass." Carrow whispered and though I brushed him off, his compliment made me smile. I was a badass, at least someone noticed. 

"I know. Now, we're here to see where Killian could've hidden Dilan. But we need to be quick in case he does end up coming back home." I told him as we walked through the living room and to the kitchen area. I tried to think quickly about where he could hide someone and his closet came to mind. I grabbed Carrow's arm, leading him to the stairs. 

"Where are we going?" he asked as I let go of his arm, running up the stairs. 

"To Killian's room. I'm going to show you the closet that had all of the pictures and Dilan's picture with a knife in it. You'll have to really believe me then." I smiled as I reached Killian's door. His closet would be such a perfect spot because of the hidden room. No one would suspect to check for a hidden room. I quickly opened the bedroom, rushing to the closet.