Chapter 36

Discreetly, I applied a bit of eyeliner while focusing on my eyelid and slowly dragging the pen, attempting not to mess up, considering this was my fourth attempt. Pulling away and taking a final look at myself, making sure my makeup looked decent enough, then pulled my hair back to put it in a simple ponytail. Brushing off my dress and taking one last look at myself in the mirror before leaving the grand bathroom, a hotel room empty room and silence immediately greeted me before I walked over to the plush bed and sat on the comfortable comforter to look through my camera bag, making sure I had everything I needed for the wedding.

So far, this is the sixth wedding I had attended to take wedding photos, and usually, I would take the pictures, send them to Ichiro, or meet up with me to go over the photographs before he would send him back to his studio to print them and send to the married couple. He seems to be impressed with the pictures I've taken for a couple of the weddings that I did by myself and tells me, well, not precisely tell, more of a light lecture. He's pissed at others, but to those who know him, this the typical everyday attitude. Occasionally, I will help with minor editing or cutting them out since I am simply just an apprentice or assistant.

The first couple of weddings were nearby in the area, but this one, I had to fly out to the location, which the Host Club was slightly concerned about, mostly Tamaki, the twins, and Honey, while Haruhi just asked for me to call frequently. My week started with a several hour plane ride, and I nearly got swarmed by people when I landed and headed towards the exit. I hopped in a cab, called Haruhi and dad, and came to the elegant hotel that screamed expensive right when I walked through the door. I felt a bit relieved that I was dressed in a simple button-up and slacks with heels and got few stares as I approached the front desk to check-in and was given a pass to roam the grounds along with the rooms that the wedding was going to use. By looking around the hotel lobby and the photography pass recently placed in my hand, I knew this was likely someone's grand, elegant wedding.

Thankfully, I was able to get to my hotel room without running into anyone other than the hotel staff and saw my temporary home for the next four days. Once settling a bit, I took a shower to get rid of the gross feeling from being cramped on the plane and to get rid of any odor just in case. Walking into the bathroom, I almost reconsidered taking a shower because it looked luxurious bathroom, more than Kyoya's; but after recovering from my short session of internal screaming and rethinking my decision, I took a shower and changed back into the button-up and pants, but into my converse and grabbed my camera along with the pass to scout out where pictures would be best. I spent the rest of that day and the day after that with Ichiro wandering around to scouting out potential areas for photos, met several people who either work for the hotel or were going to attend the wedding.

This morning, I woke to a dress hanging up on my bathroom door and a note saying it was from Kiyoko and instructions to meet with the bride in the elevator. The dress was beautiful yet not too eye-catching because that's one of the requirements for being a photographer. Dress formally, but not so much that you outshine the bride and groom.

Putting my pass on and grabbing my camera before slipping my flats on and left the room, locking it behind me and slipping the key into my camera bag, then headed down to the lobby to meet up with Ichiro before the bride and groom. The elevator ride was noneventful and quiet considering the wedding started in two hours, and the staff is probably getting the reception hall ready until the elevator stopped at one floor and the doors opened to reveal a woman in a wedding dress and lovely makeup. I'm going out on a limb and say this is the bride for the day. As she stepped into the elevator, I stepped into the corner and made sure not to step on her dress before settling near the buttons, minding my own business.