Chapter 32

"Here's your key, and I hope you enjoy your stay," I chimed, handing another couple their room key before they went upstairs, and I took a seat behind the front desk.

It's only been a couple of days since Haruhi, and I arrived to spend the majority of our summer in Karuizawa, helping and having an opportunity to catch up on studying along with a chance away from the Hosts. So far, it has been peaceful; the typical day for me is to work around the inn for a couple of hours and spends my free time working on whatever I needed to. Haruhi and I have the same routine; the only difference is I'm actually getting paid to work this summer. Right as I sat down, my phone violently vibrated on the front desk and gradually moving a couple of centimeters. 

"Let me guess, Dimitri finally figured out that you like him?" I answered, quickly glancing up to make sure no one was waiting.

"Ha ha ha, very funny, kid," The tired voice answered back, "I'm not calling about that."

"There are usually only two reasons you call me, teach, is to either to rant about Dimitri or you need help on a job, Ichiro."

"I do actually, A handful or two of weddings are going to be happening where your dad sent you, and I was wondering if you wanted to help me like you did last year? The soonest one would be at the Misuzu Pension, and I can't make it out there; you think you could spare a couple of hours to take my place?"

"I'm sure Misuzu will let me," I said before Ichiro told me about the upcoming weddings and overhearing commotion happening around back, "I'll call you back later; something's going on over here."

I hung up my phone and placed it in my pocket before standing up, quickly dusting off my apron wrapped around my waist before heading towards the wild calls of Misuzu and overheard these exact words.

"Take my girls under your wing; he practically begged me, and since I cannot still afford to hire help, it works out for everyone. Ren and Haruhi are such model employees; it's a shame I can't pay them anything," Misuzu stated dramatically and noticed me, joining the small gathering. He immediately pulled me next to Haruhi before she started to sway us a bit. "What do you all think about these cute aprons they're wearing? I made them myself."

"You're quite an exquisite seamstress," Tamaki complimented as the other Hosts agreed as well.

"A job, huh? You turned down our invitation to Bali for this?" Kaoru asked once we sat outside in the back

"And we even asked you two to come to Switzerland, didn't we?" Honey asked before Mori said that they did.

"Yeah, well, I still don't have a passport, remember?" Haruhi pointed out as I took a sip of my tea. 

"Which is precisely why I recommended one of our domestic resorts, and at a discount no less," Kyoya commented.

Tamaki appeared in the bushes before kneeling on the grass and started a small dramatic speech about how everyone was planning something behind his back and how we do everything together. I quietly sighed at his antics and leaned my chin on my arm as the twins questioned Haruhi and me about how we didn't answer our phones before explaining to Tamaki about how they let Haruhi have one of their phones, and we're a part of their friends family plan. 

"Speaking of which, why are you guys even here? We're going to see you guys every day once the new term starts. Don't we have the right to spend our summer vacation the way we want ?"

"According to the handbook, Jobs are prohibited unless given clearance otherwise," Kyoya interrupted, pulling out Ouran Academy's Student handbook, causing Haruhi to jump a bit before answering that she didn't know that while I stayed silent.